F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Just need some general information

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just need some general information

A buddy of mine has a 2002 CBR600F4i and he wants to get rid of it. it has 12000 miles and its been dropped on the right side by the previous owner. the tank is dented and the farings are scratched a little bit. it has a yosh pipe. and needs a new front tire. hes asking 4k for it. sound like a decent price? theres a picture down there.

any way what i was also wondering is are there generations of the f4i. like where they changed things and one part from/for one year might not work on another. the reason im asking is for when i look for aftermarket or replacement parts and whatnot.

another thing is what are some problem areas for them, if any at all. im more of a yamaha guy but i want a sport bike, this guy is a buddy of mine, and i cant afford a new r6. in other words i dont know much about hondas bikes.

thanks in advance for the input guys.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Default RE: Just need some general information

Biggest problem with the F4i is the CCTL which goes bad and rattles like hell. It's a pretty easy fix though and there is tons of info on it just do a quick search.

As far as differences go between years the 01-03 has the split tail while 04+ has the "banana" seat. I dont believe there are any other differences between them aside from the tail section.

Price wise 4k might be a little bit high I think you would get more interest if it was around 3500, but it does look like a pretty clean bike.

Hope this helped a little.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:10 PM

i was thinking about showing him 3500 cash and seeing what he things. because who can resist it? heh he needs money sort of badly and he also said he would pay for a new front tire so i may just give him 4 for it. hes a good friend of mine as well. ill look up about that cctl youre talking about.

and another thing, are there any other f4i forums out there other than cbrworld. like any f4i specific forums that actually have decent activity? im the kind of person that needs to have a plethora of online support since i am **** about needing to know everything in and out about what im interested it. and for that i find forums are the best place.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:25 AM

As you can see by the threads, the f4i is the most talked about bike on this forum with over 7000 topics. If you can't find the information seek on thie website, than I don't know where you will. There'sA few people on here that know the inside and out of our bikes and are more than happy to help you out withany problem.. Theres also a few threads that you can download the user manual and maintenance book from. Try using the search button in any issue you might have.You will find that for the most part, the f4i isA very relible bike that doesn't require over the top maintenance. Keep on top of your oils, filters and fluids and she'll be good for years to come, Just ask thirdjenlxi, He's clocked over 100,000 Miles with what I would consider very few set backs..
Best of luck Hertz...

Old 03-18-2008, 01:04 AM

4000 is a bit high. I paid 3500 for mine with only 3800 miles on it and no damage. Offer him 3000 and tell him you have a grand of work to put into it. Money talks.