F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Just flipped the bike :-(... link to pix now added

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just flipped the bike :-(......

Argh....you have to register there.

Old 07-15-2006, 09:30 PM

Post a link in where we don't have to register to view the pics mang!!! In regards to your "jiggly" clutch NO that's not normal you need to take it back
and have them tight in the cables and re-check everything again.

Old 07-16-2006, 01:14 AM

uh we have to register to see the pics???

Old 07-16-2006, 01:23 AM

do u really....... that f'in sucks i didnt know that, sorry i will try to figure something out....

EDIT::: Ok I couldnt figure anything out,,,,, but i did figure this out, if you want to see the pix your going to have to login..... then go to the forums, then scroll all way down to the bottom to OFF TOPICS, click The asylum off topics and its under the obvious post of

Wrecked my 2006 CBR F4i

login using this name and password

username: F4iguy

password: honda

I fudged an account......lol

enjoy ......

EDIT AGAIN::::::::
Or you can click on the links below and see if they work, I didnt know about Image shack thats awsome, thanks!!

click here

Click here too

click here again

slide show,,,, I think it works??

Old 07-16-2006, 01:44 AM

www.imageshack.us

Go to it.

It needs you.

Be one with the image shack

Old 07-16-2006, 04:02 AM

http://www.photbucket.com
^also a good one.
well man that sux about ur bike but coulda been worse u no least u can live to talk about it and get it fixed.

Old 07-17-2006, 04:29 AM

Sorry to see your bike like that. I can see it means a lot to you. Your story scared me a little because shifting gears is so new to me. I grew up in the city where not too many people drove cars with manual transmission so I didn't learn how to shift until I got my bike. I'm glad you posted it though, it goes to show how careful you need to be with the clutch and transmission. I think that you should stay away from such high RPMs until you become much more accustomed to motorcycle riding. I honestly don't see any reason for pushing the bike like that on the street. If you want to ride like that it might be good to get some track time. I understand that once you start riding fast on the track you slow down on the street.

As far as the f4i not being a good starter bike goes...I think it's fine if you ride within your limits while you are learning. Mine has been great. I have it a year now and have found it to be something user friendly enough to learn on but mean enough to not get bored with. Of course, the motorcycle safety rider education course was great too. Anyway, if I bought one of those 250s or even 500s instead of my f4i I would have regretted that within a month.

Again, sorry that happened to you. Good luck repairing your baby.

Old 07-17-2006, 04:27 PM

damn, sorry to hear that...and what a beautiful bike to do it on...i love that color combo

Old 07-17-2006, 08:16 PM

06CBRF4i, Quick question. How did you get a loan on your bike and not have to get full coverage on it. In MO you can't pick up a bike from the dealership without proof of full coverage insurance. I thought it was that way everywhere.

Could it be that you have full coverage and don't realize it?

Old 07-18-2006, 12:13 AM

nope,,,,, full coverage isn't a requirement until the price of the bike/loan exceeds $10,000.... If I were to get a 600RR after taxes tags etc etc etc I would have needed full coverage. but I didnt want an RR to begin with. I like to be comfortable.

BTW,,, I got all the parts I need in except for the headlight assemb. I'm still waiting on F4iStunna to refund my $$ to me so I can buy a new headlight. And lower part of the front stay that I found out was bent after taking everything apart, I ordered that today. So Im guessing another week to 1.5 wks b4 it ready to ride again. Im ordering vortex frame sliders in the next day or so also. Do they make swing arm sliders or anything for the rear of the bike for F4i's ??? Thanks guys......

Quick Reply: Just flipped the bike :-(... link to pix now added