F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Just flipped the bike :-(... link to pix now added

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just flipped the bike :-(... link to pix now added

Well, Im fine a big scrape on my knee ripped my jeans. some slight burns on my arms from the mesh inside my textile jacket and not a scratch on my helmet somehow?!?! I am not sure WTF happened. I accelerated somewhat hard,, went to shift into second around 10-11k for some reason wouldnt go into 2nd only Neutral so I think I down shifted back to first still at 10-11K i assume and I think I just let the clutch out to fast and next thing I know, Over she went!! I was on a back road so there were no other cars around but the bikes not too bad i guess, i dont know how much bike parts cost but I called the dealer i bought it from and they came and picked it and me up. and tomorrow they are gonna do an estimate. $100 for the full estimate and $50 for picking it up!!! WTF!!!

Well heres a list of what I know its need.

Windscreen
Headlights
the intake plastics
front fender
mirrors
digi speedo & tach
banana seat plastics
back left turn signal
shifter assembly ( the left rear set snapped)
and possibly the left handle bar assembly.
The mufflers scratched and bracket is bent but im not too worried about that.

Im sure theres some kind of hidden damage to the front fork or something I dont know about, that they will try to stick me with.

Does anyone know where I can get any of these parts?!?! oh yea and its a 2006 CBR F4i Candy Blue.

Also I think im screwed b/c i dont think my insurance will cover this?!?! I have liability only thru Foremost or gulf coast insurance something like that. it was like $400 for the yr. what do yall think is there a possiblity?!?! I called already to ask but they were closed already or on vacation or something. I will have to try back tomorrow.

I have a few pix. I will try to upload and post them.

I just want to go get drunk and sit in a corner.............

Click to see pix, I think this one will work?!?!

there are also a few more links on the 2nd page of this post

Old 07-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Default RE: Just flipped the bike :-(......

woo sorry to hear that, i feel your pain, well not really but i can only imagine..least your ok...you could try like shark skins for body parts ..if u dont want factory stuff

Old 07-06-2006, 09:22 PM

I cant figure out how to post pix can someone help me figure it out?!?! I try to upload but it keeps saying file is too large. I cant resize it any smaller u wont be able to see it.!! Thanks for the help on this part...

Old 07-06-2006, 09:23 PM

make sure its saved as a jpeg

Old 07-06-2006, 10:48 PM

ORIGINAL: 06CBRF4i

I cant figure out how to post pix can someone help me figure it out?!?! I try to upload but it keeps saying file is too large. I cant resize it any smaller u wont be able to see it.!! Thanks for the help on this part...
The dimension size isn't too large, the quality is too high. Save it with lower quality/number of pixels. Making the dimensions smaller will only help some. Try saving somewhere around 300 X 200 with a lower level of quality to get the filesize down.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:31 PM

good to hear you're in good shape bro you can fix our baby. I'm almost done getting my parts from flipping my. I needed a windscreen, upper, headlight, tank, tail, rear seat, mirrors, left switch pod and upper bracket I think I'll be spend around 1k. I coulda spent more if I just hurried up but I coulda paid less with a little more paitence. But I figure two months is long enough lol. Just keep your eye out on the forums or at the least get your parts onine like 58cycle.com or ronayers.com good luck bro

Old 07-07-2006, 12:30 AM

dude i feel so bad for you. money is replaceable but your life isnt glad to see you made it ok.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:32 AM
Fox
Banned

Ouch.

Don't downshift when you're in that engine speed, you're asking for it!

I buy all my OEM accessories/parts through www.bikebandit.com.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:50 AM

Man you should have looked at the previouis posts about shifting. Bad times right there for 06CBRF4i. Screw the bike; the main thing is you can walk away from this incident without the need for assistance.
I had to beat this into my head and still do. When something goes wrong, never react right away. Your first instinct is usually too drastic and equals hitting the floor. Give you self room and with enough room you will have time to make the right decision. Dont react on impulse, I know its hard. I fight it every time Im on the road, but resist it. Be safe.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:12 AM

can we say eBay!!! I am going through the same thing right now. Glad to hear you are alright. Machinery can be fixed some body parts don't do that too well. I am loving e-bay right now. Got some good stuff cheap. Also I don't think that your ins will cover being only liability. If you had comp it would be different. Perfect time to trick out your bike though. put on that sick undertail that you didn't want to cut the stock undertray for, get the custom smoked double bubble windscreen, yadda yadda.

Quick Reply: Just flipped the bike :-(... link to pix now added