F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

just a couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just a couple of questions

What's up everyone? First time poster, introduced myself in the new members area. I just have a couple of questions that I hope you can answer.

Question 1: I seem to have misplaced the screws for the seat, so I was wondering if anyone knew what size they were and if I can just pick them up at a home depot or something?

Question 2: I bought my bike and the gas tank has like gunk in it, rust maybe? I added stabilizer and I'm thinking about adding fuel injector cleaner. I believe the guy I bought it off of just left old gas in the tank and had it sitting for a while without putting stabilizer in it.

Question 3: Something is draining my battery. Or so I think. If I charge my battery my bike will run fine for a couple of weeks, then out of no where just die. I have it sitting on the tender, but I usually don't leave it on there if I plan to ride a lot during that week. Is it time for a new battery or is something draining my battery?

Well I think that's it, Thanks a lot to everyone in advance!

Old 11-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Default RE: just a couple of questions

welcome! do not know the size of the bolts man, look them up on www.bikebandit.com.. and dude drain the tank!! lol do not run gas with **** in it,, not good! ha ha. definaitely use injector cleaner if its been siting for awile or maybe some seefoam great stuff. i would say time for a new battery, but i know people who just charge and charge man, hope that helps a bit, and welcome to the forum tons of great stuff here!

p.s learn to use the search or members here will grill you for a repost man.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Default RE: just a couple of questions

welcome. the cold weather is causing your batt to drain. if you don't have your batt on a maintainer and let it sit...in sub 40* weather...it will drain in less than 24 hours.

solution get a batt maintainer. most come with leads that you can swap. i.e. one lead are the 'gator' clips and the other is one you can bolt onto your battery. bothdisconnect from the maintainer...thus not having to remove your seat every time you want to put it on the charger.

+1 on draining the tank

seat bolts are a metric 6mm...i forget the pitch tho