F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

insurance

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default insurance

so i bought my bike last fall and it needed some work so i didnt bother getting insurance now its fixed and starting to get warm at so i have to get it. where does everyone have insurance through or where will be the cheapest. i want more than state min everyone tells me if you get in to an accedent it does you no good. im only 19 an i few places i called wont insure me because im under a certain age and a f4i is considered high performance. Thanks any info will help

Old 02-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're in PA so you can try Rider's Insurance

I'm older so I'll have a better rate at $200ish per year for liability + comprehensive. But compared to Geico wanting $2000+ per year for the same, I jumped at it. Comes with roadside assistance, which I used on Monday

Old 02-16-2011, 10:02 PM

why did you have to use it? that sucks. and i was thinking about them but after talking to my dad he said nothing but bad things about the i dont remember his reasoning. thanks.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:24 PM

You should search - every week there is a thread on Insurance.

I use USAA but they outsource it to Progressive.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:26 AM

I use progressive, minimum right now, so its like $180 a year.. might put collision on it this coming year though

Old 02-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of us, including myself, go with State Farm. When I was shopping around they had the lowest rates by far.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Canada charges too much for insurance!

I pay $840/year for full coverage and a perfect driving record and over 25yr old and that was by far the best I could find.
Every other place was > $2000 / year (I got one quote for $9600/year lol).
If anyone in Canada has a cheaper insurance let me know.

Edit: I'm with State farm right now

Old 02-17-2011, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
You're in PA so you can try Rider's Insurance

I'm older so I'll have a better rate at $200ish per year for liability + comprehensive. But compared to Geico wanting $2000+ per year for the same, I jumped at it. Comes with roadside assistance, which I used on Monday
Did you run out of gas again Kuro? You really gotta stop doing that

Geico quoted me about 3grand a year for Full coverage on Lois (comprehensive and collision, roadside blah blah all the bells and whisltes)
Progressive was around 1,400 year. (I had Isabelle on a Progressive plan as well at this time).

Compared to State Farm at 250'ish a year for Full Coverage at higher levels (300/100/300) this was a no brainer. I was surprised how high Geico and Progressive were, and then at the cheap price for State Farm. I paid less for the 09 RR on StateFarm than I did on the 02 F4i at Progressive.

I will say though, I have my Tahoe, both bikes, and Renters insurance all thorugh state farm. I pay a little over 1,000 a year for everything. Tahoe is full coverage, Isabelle is liability only now. I'll also add that I'm 26 with perfect driving record (knock on wood)

Last edited by NateDieselF4i; 02-17-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:24 AM
October 2011 ROTM

I have State Farm for my RR and it is $350/Year. I had Allstate on my F4i and it was $400/year. I was 24 when I bought my F4i and not 19 so that will help me.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are many other insurance threads. Do a search & look at all that feedback.

All these listings of what we all pay for insurance really won't help you specifically. Insurance rates depend on many factors like; age, region, driving record, bike type, multi-vehicle discount, MSF discount, etc etc etc. You'll need to get w/ reps from ea company to discuss what you qualify for & what they offer for their rates.

Another extremely important factor is service. What good is a cheap rate if the company doesn't have good service? Hopefully, you won't need it but if you're in an accident, you want a company that will provide personal attention. Unfortunately, many times, you won't find out what kind of service a company provides til you really need it. These type threads can be very beneficial for determining type of service.

Personally, I have GEICO. I pay $316 a yr for full coverage (higher limits on medical). Geico has a significant Military/Veteran discount, which goes a long way w/ me. I have other discounts/qualifiers. As for challengers, no other company has even come close to matching my Geico rate. Every year that I'm a policy holder, my rate goes down. From a service standpoint, I can tell you from my experience, that Geico has taken care of me when I've needed them...w/ claims, phone, & mail.

At your age, insurance won't be cheap. You may want to consider getting coverage under your parents policy. Keep a clean record w/ your bike for at least 3 years & your rate will drop significantly.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: insurance