F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Installed scorpio alarm and question on wiring.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installed scorpio alarm and question on wiring.

Installed the alarm yesterday, everything seemed to be fine until the night. When i tried to ride it, my bike wont start, it said the cycle battery is empty. So i recharged it last night and installed this morning. So far i can still start the bike. We'll see for a few more hours or maybe tomorrow i'll check back on it ...

Old 04-16-2008, 03:14 PM

Did the alarm remote signal you that your battery was low? It's supposed to, but mine never did!

I find that I can leave the alarm on for about a week, maybe 2 without riding before the alarm kills the battery. It's supposed to go into low power states as the battery charge decreases, but I haven't found that to be all that helpfull.

You'll definitely enjoy the alarm once you work all the bugs out. By the way, did you install the ignition kill feature ("anti-hijack")

Old 04-16-2008, 04:00 PM

That diagram says the orange wire is the taillight. I got the anti-hijak, but am waiting to re-do all my connections, signals and splicing that in until later.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:53 PM

seriously ur best bet buy a manual or dl it, ur brake light should not come on at all when arming and disarming unless scorpio has changed something recently. ive installed bout 6 alarms on bikes now, 4 internatrix and 2 scorpio. then again i didnt do the harness cuz i hate them and just directly connect the wires.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:56 PM

My brake light doesnt light at all when arming or disarming now. Does it mean good or ... bad ??? The cycle battery status keeps popping on the remote. However its not accurate, sometimes u can read 13.2 V, than it went down to 12.4 V and then went up again to 12.7 V. Weird ???
I have yet installed the anti-jack, i dont know which wires to cut? Anybody ???

Old 04-17-2008, 05:25 AM

I just dont know why there are three connnectors on the harness. If it wasnt meant to have the brake light hooked up, they wouldnt waste money putting an extra connector on the wiriing harness that nobody would use.

The anti hijack.. The book says Green/yellow wire from fuel pump (under seat) option two is the grey wire from the main fuse box. I plan on going from the fuse box. I hope that cuts out the power to the engine, I would be acared that if it cuts off hte fuel pump that it would let it fun for a little while longer, where cutting the ignition would be instantanious.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:31 PM

The connectors in the wiring harness are 3 - one each for the rear turn signals. and one for the tail light. The tail light connector is mainly for a ground for the unit, and the positive is for the alarm to sense when the bike is powered up. There is nothing to do with the brake lights.

As far as the anti hijack goes, Scorpio actually recommends the fuel pump wire. Their logic is that if you simply kill the engine, the thief may be on a curve and wipe out. (who cares!!!) I guess the worry is they might sue you. On a more real note, the alarm might accidentally trigger while you are riding, so if it just cuts the fuel pump, you will get a bit of warning before it quits altogether, and hopefully won't be dragging a knee!