F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Inspection Woes (Brake Light Switch)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 07:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inspection Woes (Brake Light Switch)

So, I've been going over my bike with a fine-toothed comb as soon I will need to pass inspection and have come up with a couple of things. One of my fork seals is leaking and my front tire needs replaced...I know how to do those. Yesterday, however, I found a new problem. When I press on my rear brake the light does not come on.

Hm...I thought...so I looked around for the switch. I disconnected it and shorted the wire and the brake light did indeed come on, so the problem is on the switch side and not on the wiring/tail-light side. Looking at bikebandit/service manual it seems that this bike does not come stock with a banjo bolt brake switch...whereas mine is. I have aftermarket adjustable pegs/whatevers (called rearsets?) done by the PO and it seems he installed this switch.

Is there any way to adjust these? I'm assuming it's a pressure switch so it either works or it's broken...in which case I'll need a new one. I did some googling but there's only a couple of stores that sell them and with different thread pitches. Does anyone know what the thread pitch is for the banjo bolt on the rear master cylinder? Or does anyone know how I might go about fixing/adjusting the switch I already have?

Thanks,
-Duo

Old 05-17-2010, 10:32 AM
July 2010 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got a few stock switchs if u want to try one of those. ill send u one if u pay for shipping. like 5 bucks or soemthing maybe