F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I Messed Up

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck in court. I have never been caught but a few times have driven a bike without the proper documentation or licence/insurance requirements. My last bike (VFR) I drove home from where I bought it and almost got caught in a road block. Luckily I seen it and was able to turn off before it. Id wear a suit and bring some lube, just incase though.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tundra
Also while on temps, it's not legal to ride with someone on the back of the motorcycle.
Same here, thats why the parentheses (not two up). Here you must ride with another rider (licensed) on another bike. We looked kinda funny while I had my permit, everybody I knew rode Harleys, then there's me on a F4i.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:11 PM

I didn't know about the eye protection? I thought for sure we could ride without a helmet unless your still under you have had your license under a year. As for the licenses ive been caught many times without mine, along with insurance card.. Just take it down to court with you and that should be written off.. AS for the title, license plate deal.. Thats your fault, there going to get you for that one.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by bluedevil3758
id perfer if the state stayed out of my business, i always wear a helmet, but i feel like the state telling us what we should do for our safety is beyond their function

and yeah did you have insurance or registration? im not sure of the rules in other states though...
well its just like if you try and kill your self and fail they give you a ticket and put you in jail or a mental institution. funny but sucks

Old 03-15-2010, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Pretty much. Only option here is to
  1. Dress in a nice suit
  2. Get a haircut if it's not tight and smart
  3. Bring every piece of documentation you have
  4. Meekly explain that you had to move your bike between classes and left everything in the classroom
  5. Be prepared to take anything the judge hands you and thank him / her

Go in looking like a scrub or acting like a squid and the judge may go in chambers to find a bigger book to throw at you. You are so far in the wrong here and only a tiny bit of research on the judge's part will open you up to a world of pain. For example, in most states violating the restrictions of a temp license can mean the revocation of the temp license and the inability to reapply for some time (usually a year). Or a simple glance at the license plate noted on the ticket and a glance at the registration will reveal the fictitious plates.

Clean, contrite and studious (hardworking college student) image may likely have the judge simply glance at your documents to be sure your name is on them and toss it all out. Look or act even remotely like a squid (or an adrenaline junky college kid) and the judge will likely inspect everything to make sure the "t"s are crossed and the "i"s dotted.

And yours aren't
thanks for the advice. it's times like this when i bring out the three piece suit. i am a hard working college student so i don't need to put on a facade. hopefully he/she can see it. thanks for the advice guys

Old 03-15-2010, 12:59 PM

I think its been said. All of this because you didn't take the time to strap on your lid... I was that way before with seatbelts. 23 stitches across the bridge of my nose convinced me. Seatbelts and helmets are good. Use them every time.
Good luck in court.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kuro gave some incredible advice. Everything he said.

****ty situation, you acknowledge you were in the wrong and we've all been absent of mind from time to time.. no need to beat that dead horse.

Good luck in court bud, hopefully things go in your general direction. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Wear that lid from now on for every little trip!!

Old 03-15-2010, 05:09 PM

^^+1. it's totally sh!tty. i'm a good kid, i don't have a record (besides some speeding tickets), i'm on the Dean's List at school, and i'm a hard worker, but i looked like a total punk to these cops. i'm really worried. all of this for no helmet. yikessss. i guess i'll keep you guys updated on what happens...

Old 03-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Junior2552
^^+1. it's totally sh!tty. i'm a good kid, i don't have a record (besides some speeding tickets), i'm on the Dean's List at school, and i'm a hard worker, but i looked like a total punk to these cops. i'm really worried. all of this for no helmet. yikessss. i guess i'll keep you guys updated on what happens...
Doesn't matter what you looked like to the cops. That's past and prolly why they stopped you. What matters now is what you look like to the judge.

Your image to the judge will help him / her decide what to do with you. Look right, explain you had to move your bike and left everything in class. If necessary, acknowledge your mistake. I say if necessary because that'd require an admission of guilt.

Last edited by Kuroshio; 03-15-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:33 PM

The advice is good here - appearance is everything in life and people don't seem to understand that. Like everyone said, clean up nice, use your sirs and ma'ams, be humble and appreciative and you will do best.

Quick Reply: I Messed Up