F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I Messed Up

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Messed Up

So guys, my bike got towed the other day. and i was written three violations, while i was sitting at a stop light. i was in downtown akron when a police officer pulled me over. she said she pulled me over because i wasn't wearing eye protection, because my helmet was on the back seat. i was taking the bike from one parking garage on campus to the next, which is about three blocks away from where i was parked. well, i got pulled over, and seeing as i had left my bookbag in class, and was just moving my bike, I left my wallet, and all the stuff i needed to show her--in my bookbag.

the bike is a new bike (to me) so the title is still in the mail. so my first mistake was riding without my title. my second mistake was riding without my helmet on. of course it's dumb, and i could have gotten hurt, but i needed to move my bike. and third, which was the worst...since i didn't have the title yet. i thought it would be okay to put the license plate from my F4i on the RR. my car was in the shop, and this was the only vehicle i had to get to school.

so after i realized how incredibly fukced i was, the cop gave me a citation. but not only a citation, a citation with three violations on it. one was the fictitious tag, one was the eye protection, and one was riding without a license.

here in the problem with #3- i have my temps. so this cop wrote me a citation for something that isn't correct. not only that..they towed my bike, and left me stranded to walk home..AND they never actually gave me the ticket..i have court on Thursday, and my title should be here tomorrow. hopefully i only get two points for this whole mess and not two points for each violation.

moral of the story is...always make sure you're fully prepared to be riding. helmet, title, whatever you need. because like i said, i was going around the block.. and i've been riding for a year now..and the ONE time i don't wear my helmet...this is what happened.

safe riding boys and girls!

Old 03-12-2010, 04:38 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

hey at least there they want u to live here in illinois the state just wants us to die if we get in a wreck... saves insurance companies money that way

Old 03-12-2010, 04:41 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

and idk about your state but here i think if u bring ur license to the court house they drop the riding without a license...

Old 03-12-2010, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Junior2552
so my first mistake was riding without my title.
Your supposed to ride with your title?

Old 03-12-2010, 04:50 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Originally Posted by K7inne09
Your supposed to ride with your title?
He just bought the bike and it isn't fully registered yet. You don't need your title normally, no.

All I can say is sucks, man! Not much you can do when you know you did something wrong (as silly as those things are). Although I personally wouldn't ride a vehicle that I didn't yet possess the title for.

Hopefully the court will ease up on you a bit when the time comes. Take it as a lesson learned!

Old 03-12-2010, 05:08 PM

Oh man thats great. Reminds me of the other day when I forgot to toss my information back in my jacket after going to the DMV. My friend and I got alittle too excited on a 2 lane highway and started passing traffic about 30mphs over the speed limit and we noticed 2 cars ahead of us there was an unmarked cop car. He started slowing down to make a right, I thought he was slowing down to let us go by, so we started slowing down preparing to make a U-turn and bookin it. But luckily he wasn't checkin his 6.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:22 PM

That really sucks. I hope you keep your license and (most) of your $$.

What about the towing of the bike? I have heard horror stories of tow truck drivers really f@cking up bikes by not towing properly. Did you watch him load the bike onto his truck?

Old 03-12-2010, 05:40 PM

well you do not need a title to ride you need license, registration, and proof of insurance that why they ask you for that stuff when you get pulled over. now since you "just got the bike" you should have a bill of sale or paper work saying you just got the bike from where over or who ever. now the no helmet thing thats all on you thats your bad for trying to be cool and ride with out it.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:44 PM

where in the post did you see that i said i was trying to be cool? personally, i like wearing my helmet, it matches my bike perfectly. but i said i was in a hurry to get to class. it had nothing to do with being cool Purple, i have all my gear, just wasn't wearing it this time. it was my first time riding without a helmet. take it easy boss. i said it was a mistake, no need to judge here. i accepted responsibility and hopefully i can get this paid off instead of losing my license. hopefully it's just two points :/

Old 03-12-2010, 09:32 PM

im just saying the 15 sec it takes putting your lid on or go threw this bull sh.it with the tickets

Quick Reply: I Messed Up