F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I Messed Up

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zmds18
hey at least there they want u to live here in illinois the state just wants us to die if we get in a wreck... saves insurance companies money that way

id perfer if the state stayed out of my business, i always wear a helmet, but i feel like the state telling us what we should do for our safety is beyond their function

and yeah did you have insurance or registration? im not sure of the rules in other states though...

Old 03-13-2010, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by purpleslug
im just saying the 15 sec it takes putting your lid on or go threw this bull sh.it with the tickets
i know boss, stupid mistake on my part. i'm looking at a copy of the ticket. and they wrote me up for no driver's license (which i have...), no eye protection, and improper registration (not fictitious plates) so i can prove the bike is mine. she wrote down, "no motorcycle endorsement, stopped for no eye protection, no D.L on person."

I have my temporary endorsement, so I can probably slither my way out of that bullsh!t, and i have the title to the bike which should get me out of improper reg. I cant argue with the helmet thing, so hopefully it's a nasty fine and i can make this all go away.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:51 AM

hehe I guess i was lucky when i rode my new bike from where the previous owner unloaded it (5 min ride away) to my place with no plates reg or insurance.

I'm interested to see how this pans out, keep us posted and best of luck.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:55 AM

thanks Paul. i'm a little nervous for court. i don't want them to take my license so i can't ride

Old 03-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bring your license in, they should drop that. Same with your title.

As for the eye protection, good luck man.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're screwed. The improper plate is gonna stick, no way around that. You'd have been better off with NO plate on it. THEN you could argue the fact that you just got it, but you cannot take plates from one vehicle (even if its your own) and put them on another vehicle (even if its your own too). The no ops tic might get dismissed but, when you have your temp permit, aren't you supposed to ride with another rider that has their license. (not two up) The helmet deal, well she didn't ticket you for operating without a helmet, you were ticketed for no eye protection, in which case is not necessary unless going faster than 25 mph. (thats all according to Michigan state laws, Ohio's might be different) good luck.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:34 PM

Man sorry to hear about the mess.

In regards to the post above, actually in Ohio riding with a helmet is only required if you do not have an endorsement. Also while on temps, it's not legal to ride with someone on the back of the motorcycle. If you have an endorsement, either eye protection or a helmet are legal.... basically a helmet is not mandatory but eye protection is.

Just keep you cool and let it ride in court. Hope it goes well for you

Old 03-13-2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie
You're screwed. The improper plate is gonna stick, no way around that. You'd have been better off with NO plate on it. THEN you could argue the fact that you just got it, but you cannot take plates from one vehicle (even if its your own) and put them on another vehicle (even if its your own too). The no ops tic might get dismissed but, when you have your temp permit, aren't you supposed to ride with another rider that has their license. (not two up) The helmet deal, well she didn't ticket you for operating without a helmet, you were ticketed for no eye protection, in which case is not necessary unless going faster than 25 mph. (thats all according to Michigan state laws, Ohio's might be different) good luck.
she didn't state on the ticket that the license plate was not for that bike. she put improper reg. not fictitious plates. i had the title to the F4i, not the RR.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:15 PM
July 2008 ROTM

That's another thing I didn't think of. In WI, if you have a temp motorcycle license, you're required to wear a helmet. (And since the topic was brought up, I think the whole country should have helmet laws, but that's another thread.) You don't need to be with anyone else unless it's night time.

Hopefully your judge is having a good day, haha.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Aken

Hopefully your judge is having a good day, haha.
Pretty much. Only option here is to
  1. Dress in a nice suit
  2. Get a haircut if it's not tight and smart
  3. Bring every piece of documentation you have
  4. Meekly explain that you had to move your bike between classes and left everything in the classroom
  5. Be prepared to take anything the judge hands you and thank him / her

Go in looking like a scrub or acting like a squid and the judge may go in chambers to find a bigger book to throw at you. You are so far in the wrong here and only a tiny bit of research on the judge's part will open you up to a world of pain. For example, in most states violating the restrictions of a temp license can mean the revocation of the temp license and the inability to reapply for some time (usually a year). Or a simple glance at the license plate noted on the ticket and a glance at the registration will reveal the fictitious plates.

Clean, contrite and studious (hardworking college student) image may likely have the judge simply glance at your documents to be sure your name is on them and toss it all out. Look or act even remotely like a squid (or an adrenaline junky college kid) and the judge will likely inspect everything to make sure the "t"s are crossed and the "i"s dotted.

And yours aren't

Quick Reply: I Messed Up