F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I just got my 02 f4i..service cost question..

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just got my 02 f4i..service cost question..

Hello everyone.. I got a good deal on a 2002 f4i 3900 miles with nice addons such as scotts damper, euro tail, powcoated rims, corbin seats, flushmount front signals.. etc.. for only $4200. Anyways.. I am planning on getting the bike serviced and checked up. My question is how much would you guys expect the cost to be normally? This is what i am planning on doing..

Engine Oil Change
Engine Oil Filter Change
Air Filter Change
Drive Chain Clean & Lube
Bike Checkup
-Check Break Fluid
-Check Break Pad Wear
-Check Tire Pressure

I am buying my own parts like k&n filter, engine oil etc.. How much would they charge for labor for all of the above? Would it be cheaper to go to a Certified honda service center? or just a normal one? Thanks.

Oh yeah, i dont have time to do it myself so dont tell me to do it myself.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Default RE: I just got my 02 f4i..service cost question..

My dealer charged me around $150 for my 4000 mile service... just make sure they are a good shop... there was a post a while back about a dealer that was trying to dick over one of our forum members...

Old 09-26-2006, 07:20 PM

just do it yourself none of that takes any extensive tools or skills, just an hour or two of your time
but if you wanna pay a shop $60/hour to do something a blind retarded monkey with a disfigured left leg could do then go for it its your money
and btw why would you want a shop to check tire pressure, brake fluid level and brake pad wear????????
a pressure guage costs what like $5, the brake res has a clear fluid level window, and you can see the brake pads from the bottom of the calipers

all of those tasks are well worth learning how to do yourself
you can't imagine how many thousands of dollars you'll save over the years
the only thing I would suggest the average rider take their whole bike to a dealership for would be to check valves

Old 09-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

woody, he said he has no time so don't tell him to do it himself...

yet he has time to ride...hmmm....

any mechanic can do what you ask...even woody's monkey can...150 should be ok.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:52 PM

lol sorry i didn't actually read the last part this dyslexia crap kicks my a$$ when reading those long posts
oh well my point still holds true, especially with the last 3 or 4 things on the list that take a matter of seconds to check.

surely you could find a couple hours one weekend before you go ride or something? I mean I work 14 hours a day and go to the track pretty much every weekend leaving at 5:00 PM on friday and don't get back until sunday night and i can still scramble a few hours together especially to save that kinda money.

if you just CAN'T do it then you need to ask some local riders where they go to get their bikes serviced, you should be able to find a reliable shop that won't rip you off (relatively, they're all con artists in my opinion even if by necessity)

excuse my strong opinions but i'd rather shoot myself in the foot than take my bike to a dealership, I don't even let them do emergency tire changes anymore, hell I've worked on other peoples bikes for them just so they don't have to deal with that crap, shoot just last weekend a friend of mine called to get some tires (I gotta stack of used race tires that he insists work fine on the street) anyway he asked me to meet him at a local dealership cause he was taking his bike to them, I told him f' that and brought my own stands and tools. We took his wheels off in the dealership parking lot and left the bike sitting their on its stands while they changed the tires, the owner of the shop did look a little pissed but who cares it was funny

Old 09-26-2006, 08:25 PM

thanks for the replies. Oh yeah i don't have time to do it myself literally.. I work 55 hours a week and go to school 30 hours a week. I have about 20 hours free time in a week and i usually study in those 20 hours.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:14 PM

awe who needs to study? lol j/k
just make sure you ask around a lot before taking your bike to a shop

Old 09-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you still have like 63 hours left in the week...assuming you get like 7 hours of sleep, you have like 14 hours to do your bike! hahaha j/k mang...