F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

How effective are alarms??

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How effective are alarms??

I live in the ghetto and since I moved into my apartment 2 bikes have gotten stolen but they tried to get mine but it looked like they got spooked and left. What I did was I got a cheap alarm and then I bought the big kyrptonite cable with the lock that is part of it and then 2 other 15 foot kryptonite cables and some heavy duty locks. I take the big cable and run it through my sprocket and then lock it to a thick metal pipe in the parking garage. Then I take the other 2 cables and wrap them through all through the wheels and the frame so that even if the do cut the cable it will take longer to get the long mess of cables off to where they can move it. I also park my truck close and try to block my bike in a corner. It really sucks having to go through all that but after seeing my friend have to pay off $7,000 dollars on a bike that he no longer had due to a thief it is worth it. If they want it they can get it but the harder you make it they will most likely pass it up. also try to park where it would be hard to just pick it up and throw into a truck. When my friends bike got stolen it was at a mall with a alarm and a disk lock and from the security camera at the mall you can see 4 guys back a truck to the bike and they stuck poles through the front and rear wheel and then had a guy on each side lift the pole and then they just threw it into the back of a truck and were gone in 40 seconds..

Old 07-26-2006, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How effective are alarms??

06cbrf4i how much did that run you
Im thinking about getting some stuff done to my
I know im getting lojack and some locks just havent found a good price yet.