Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 07:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

synth will mix with regular brake fluid silicone will not

Old 06-01-2010, 04:19 PM

The only things you will need are
1. DOT 4 fluid
2. 3/16th plastic/rubber tubing (1 or 2 feet)
3. 8mm spanner wrench or any clamping/adj. wrench for that matter

Simply open your master cylinder that houses the fluid up top near your right handelbar via screws..notice whisky/dehydrated horse **** fluid...start with your left caliper...remove rubber cover on nipple...fit on snuggly (important, no fluid must leave/seep or enter this fitting here) and place the end of the tube down into a cup (important again, gravity will allow fluid to flow down into cup instead of back into system/nipple) Now open the screw literally attached below the nipple until fluid starts coming out...pump front brake lever hard and semi-quickly and notice the slow flow of whisky and bubbles leaving downward into cup..watch the master cylinder reservoir level slowly go down (you are pumping the fluid out of the system) and never let it get low enough for the drain at the bottom to not be submerged..if the drain is not submerged in fluid you will be sucking in air bubbles into the system which is counterproductive...repeatedly fill the reservoir as it gets lower untill all dark fluid is gone....tighten nipple....repeat preocess for other side caliper

The air bubbles will not move backward into the system if you have the 3/16ths tube facing downward towards the ground and you pump the brake fully and often!

Old 06-02-2010, 02:18 AM

alright i bleed the brakes and flushed the system. But how much am i suppose to fill up the reseivor? I filled it to the upper level indication

Old 06-02-2010, 02:22 AM

some of it spilled out because it was filled to high and the rubber seal pushed it out, but i just closed it because i was going to be late for work so i didnt take anymore out

Old 06-02-2010, 03:11 AM
I Can't Sell Because I'm Hardheaded
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, mine dumped out a bit too from the rubber boot. it's kind of a pain esp if not on a level surface. I just fill mine up just under the line in the res

Old 06-02-2010, 03:41 PM

Thanks for all the help, i flushed the fluid and bleed the brakes but now the its leaking fluid from right under the nipple bolt.... Its not coming out of the nipple but from under it, on the right and rear brake... Im thinking its just left over fluid but thats not it, because it keeps seeping out!

Old 06-02-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Gotpepsi
Thanks for all the help, i flushed the fluid and bleed the brakes but now the its leaking fluid from right under the nipple bolt.... Its not coming out of the nipple but from under it, on the right and rear brake... Im thinking its just left over fluid but thats not it, because it keeps seeping out!
Im assuming and hoping that the bleeder bolt (nipple attached) is the only one you loosened during this process? It sounds like it is not tightened enough? Are you using an 8mm spanner or a reg adj. wrench? If ur using an adj. wrench did you get a good grip on the bolt and are you sure you are gripping the actual bolt and it is actually turning (clockwise)? SOunds like it just needs to be tightened a 1/4 turn or possibly the leftover you are seeing is indeed spillage....after I did mine, their was DOT 4 fluid on the nipple and bolt for a day or two even after trying to wipe it off...it went away so I knew/know it was just leftover spillage

Old 06-02-2010, 11:07 PM

Yes its just the bleeder bolt... I think i tightened them enough, and i dont see how i can tighten it anymore.. I think i can tighten it a bit more but im scared of snapping or damanging the threads. Im not sure how much force to put on the bolts. Do you tighten them pretty tight? I wiped it off, and wiped it off, but after a few mins (30) i can see more dot 4 fluid!

Old 06-02-2010, 11:28 PM

I can acually still suck some brake fluid out, but its not enough to fill up the tube, i just see a little bit of dot4 shoot on the walls of my clear tube.

Update: the dot4 is just leaking through the threads of the bolts. I saw it with my own eyes. I just say &^%* my honda, and lets throw it into the river. Im so frustrated with the damn bike it has so many problems!:icon_ra nt:

Last edited by Gotpepsi; 06-03-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Gotpepsi
I can acually still suck some brake fluid out, but its not enough to fill up the tube, i just see a little bit of dot4 shoot on the walls of my clear tube.

Update: the dot4 is just leaking through the threads of the bolts. I saw it with my own eyes. I just say &^%* my honda, and lets throw it into the river. Im so frustrated with the damn bike it has so many problems!:icon_ra nt:
I will NOT help you throw your Honda in the river...step back and take a deep breath...ok, now it is ONLY leaking on the right (master cylinder side) caliper bleeder screw? Attach the hose, place other end of hose DOWNWARD towards floor into a plastic cup, open screw, observe minimal flow downward..slowly tighten screw until it is TIGHT (do not force nor strip screw) and make sure you are gripping and when you turn the screw is turning as well. Keep hose on..let sit for 30 min..observe flow......what are you using an adj. wrench? Are you sure you have a good solid grip on the screw? If you are unsure in the least go purchase an 8mm spanner wrench and tighten, that way you will know for sure if it is just a bad screw/threads...I cant imagine that it has been cross threaded as that would lead to leakage when it "seemed" tightened..

Quick Reply: How do you flush brake fluid?