F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Hotbodies question

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotbodies question

Ok, so I think I may have pulled a bone-headed move. Even before I got my 02 F4i, I researched undertail options(apparently not well enough) and in my mind was dead set on Hotbodies for aesthetic reasons. Well, a couple days ago, I put a deposit down on one from my local dealer.

Digging through past posts, I'm hearing alot of complaints about how weak the LEDs are. Does anybody know if they are a "sealed" unit, or if there is a work-around to this? The majority of posts I've been reading are from 2010, maybe they've recently been upgraded since? Sorry to bring up such a beat up topic.

Oh, hope everyones enjoying their holidays!

Old 12-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it depends on which model you ended up getting. One of them has separate LEDs for turn signals and one uses integrated LEDS for brake/running/turn signals. If it's the latter, the turn signals are terrible. My recommendation is to get some supplemental flasher LEDs to use as "helpers".

Old 12-23-2012, 12:07 PM

Thanks for the response. Yeah, not sure which one my dealer ordered from his catalog. I assumed all 01-03 HB undertails were the same, so I just gave him the color. I bought my bike in mint condition, I'm really not looking forward to doing any more modifications to the harness than I have to. You know, I'm thinking of taking the possible restock fee hit and ordering the Competition Werks fender eliminator.

I live off a high speed major road with no turning lane. If the HB undertail is half as bad as I'm hearing, its not gonna happen.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, Ray is correct.

If you decide to go w/ the CWFE, I've got plenty of pics of my split-seat CWFE on here to check out.

Last edited by gotcbr; 12-23-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Yep, Ray is correct.

If you decide to go w/ the CWFE, I've got plenty of pics of my split-seat CWFE on here to check out.
I'd love to see any pics you have of the Competition Werkz FE since I'm almost positive I'll be going that route.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:23 PM
Old 12-24-2012, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by chute
Thanks for the suggestion. I have looked into the pimpbikes undertail, but the LED style, and lack of effective signal visibility(IMO)kinda turned me off. More I think about it though, the more I'm leaning toward the CW FE. I'd love to hear about anybody's experience with 'em, or see any pics.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by singram
I'd love to see any pics you have of the Competition Werkz FE since I'm almost positive I'll be going that route.
I've got pics of mine here... https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...9/#post1187837

here...https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...er-kit-132962/

here...https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...6/#post1022531

here...https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...09/#post997119

etc etc etc. ;-)

Old 12-24-2012, 03:06 PM

Nice! Very helpful, thanks. Quick question though, Does it accommodate a license plate light?

Old 12-24-2012, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by singram
Nice! Very helpful, thanks. Quick question though, Does it accommodate a license plate light?
Yes, the kit accommodates the use of your factory license plate light...its relocated inside the storage area & shines thru a single louver behind the license plate bracket. :-)

If you don't still have your OEM lic plate light, you can use anything else you want located in the same location.

Quick Reply: Hotbodies question