F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Holy Crap Cold

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Holy Crap Cold

heated grips:
http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Ride..._grip_kit1.htm

You pull you grips put these on. put what ever grip you what back on.
For power if I remember right they give you the stuff to steel power off of somethime else. I never do that. I buy a simple rely for the auto part store so if I leave them on when the bike is not on, they turn off. I pull new power from the battery and then use the hardware they give you to tap into the tail light for the switched power. If you have never done anything like this, tell the guy a parts desk (I use napa we I need answers) what you are doing, how many watts and he will walk you though it. It's really is pretty simple.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:31 AM

Rode 50 miles to work last week with temps in the low 40's...was ok wearing fleece lined jeans, Cortech GX Sport jacket with the liner in and my Icon shorty Merc Gloves...was amazed my fingers did not get as cold as I thought......the sun helps warm things up too vs a cloudy day and same temp

My neck was freezing though...I need one of those fleece neck tubes or something...this ride was from Nashua to Peabody...

Goose

Old 10-31-2007, 08:50 PM

im shocked more of us riders dont turn to camos like i have , they rate down to a lower temp,and have a lot of need stuff. my winter gear is as follows , mossy oak bibs, my leather jacket,my face mask which just covers to under my eyes and to my neck, neck gurter,mossy oak decoy gloves, mossy oak pant leg straps and my hunting boots all of which is rated to no less -30 and the warmest is my face mask rated to -45 .. god i love my camos.. being a redneck and all i have it around for deer season. gets cold 45 ft up in the air with a storm blowing in .

Old 11-01-2007, 05:32 PM

Just picked up some arctiva snowmobile gloves for a good price at the local shop. Drove them home in a slight drizzle, temp high 40's not cold at all. We will see how they do when there is frost! Bit they have a pocket for handwarmers to go into and a bigger pocket on the gauntlet to store probably 2 or 3 extra hand warmers for later use. Ill let you guys know how they turn out