F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Holy Crap Cold

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Holy Crap Cold

I had a lot of problems with cold through my gloves. I wear Dainese Hellracer gloves that vent pretty well. Even when it's 50 degrees outside they make my fingers feel like their going to fall off and they go compeltely painfully numb from the cold.

I ended up buying a pair of UnderArmour Coldgear gloves that I wear underneath my Dainese gloves in the winter now. They are PERFECT! I get to keep my vented "racer gloves" and the UnderArmour Coldgear gloves keep my hands and fingers warm.

I looooooooooooooooove UnderArmour Coldgear! The whole product line rocks!

Old 10-29-2007, 06:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Ace_f4i

wear latex gloves under your gloves. it will reduce the wind cutting through and they are good insulators.
bad idea. Latex will trap all moisture/sweat from your hands and then it's all down the hill.....

Old 10-29-2007, 06:13 PM

heated grips. You don't have to wear big gloves with no touch and you never are with out them. you also don't strech out you other gloves wearing others under them.They cost like 35 bucks. Try and buy a nice pair of gloves for that.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: rodantking
[align=left]you also don't strech out you other gloves wearing others under them.
[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I'm assuming you are referring to my post. I'm also assuming you have no clue about UnderArmour gloves. They are damn near as close to a second skin as you can get. My gloves fit VERY snugly and the UnderArmour gloves still fit in with no problems and no problems of stretching my Dainese gloves. In fact, the UnderaArmour gloves were designed to be worn underneath snug fitting gloves for this very reason.You also forget that due to constriction of blood vessels when expose to cold (with subsequent lower volumes of extra cellular interstitial fluid) the extremities are to a degree "smaller" in cold weather making gloves naturallymore looseon your hands.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Just thought you might like to know. I do agree that you should not do anything to stretch your gloves out, but the UnderArmour stuff is so thin there's little to no chance of them affecting the size of your existing gloves.[/align]

Old 10-29-2007, 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: MotoGPFan26

[align=left]you also don't strech out you other gloves wearing others under them.
[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I'm assuming you are referring to my post. I'm also assuming you have no clue about UnderArmour gloves. They are damn near as close to a second skin as you can get. My gloves fit VERY snugly and the UnderArmour gloves still fit in with no problems and no problems of stretching my Dainese gloves. In fact, the UnderaArmour gloves were designed to be worn underneath snug fitting gloves for this very reason.You also forget that due to constriction of blood vessels when expose to cold (with subsequent lower volumes of extra cellular interstitial fluid) the extremities are to a degree "smaller" in cold weather making gloves naturallymore looseon your hands.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Just thought you might like to know. I do agree that you should not do anything to stretch your gloves out, but the UnderArmour stuff is so thin there's little to no chance of them affecting the size of your existing gloves.[/align]
When you say winter, how cold of a temperature have you worn them in? I'm from the northeast so we get it pretty bad and I was looking for something that'd work well under my gloves.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: MotoGPFan26

Settle down spanky! I was referring to the first post (you know the guy asking a ?) that said he had on three pair.
Have tried the underArmor and they aregood for sort rides, but for me they don't do it on long rides. Seeing he had on three pairs, I didn't think it whould do it for him either.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:45 PM

ORIGINAL: halik008

bad idea. Latex will trap all moisture/sweat from your hands and then it's all down the hill.....

key words trap the moisture. it can't evaporate (endothermic reaction = remove heat). it works for me.. better than just plain gloves anyways. i use vented gloves. think of it like one of those ultra-thin emergency blankets but in the form of a glove.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

all i have to say is ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... i live in texas and its "cold" because it's 65 outside and sunny ) hahahahahah

Old 10-29-2007, 09:40 PM

ORIGINAL: halik008

ORIGINAL: Ace_f4i

wear latex gloves under your gloves. it will reduce the wind cutting through and they are good insulators.
I agree.I tried that (latex under my alpinestars)..My hands ended up COLDER than if i had just worn my alpinestars(gp pro's).No sweat from my hands (to cold) but they seemed to allow more heat out...

Bought a pair of cheap 1.00 gloves from wally world,then cold weather knit gloves.They keep my hands toasty when i put them on under my alpinestars..

Was 45 when i left this moring..Wind chill on the bike was low 30's [8D]..

Old 10-30-2007, 03:29 PM

As a noteI had on under armor cold gears, then a pair of cheapo wool knit gloves, and my alpine stars. That combo did well until i started seeing the ice on the grass. At sub zero it was painfully cold to a scary degree. And i will say, with the three gloves on the alpine stars are a little loose now, but the just the under armor cold gears did nothing to stretch the gloves, they work great to about 50 degrees but fail after that. Where should i look for heated grips?

Quick Reply: Holy Crap Cold