F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

HID Slim Ballasts

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HID Slim Ballasts

you should have an excess of wire because you take the stock plug and plug the inverters into that then plug the HID bulb into the inverters, so you are adding another 2 or so feet to the already long enough stock wiring

Old 01-03-2009, 07:24 PM

Oh theres plenty of wiring, you have the wiring for the ignitors and the ballasts. I had to zip tie a bunch of them together and tidy them up under the hood. I didnt have any problems at all, its easier than the bike, cuz you dont have to pull off a fairing, just plug in the new bulb and plug in the wires.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:21 PM

Two quick questions. For the two spade connectors that go from the HID ballasts to the stock headlight connector, what did you guys use to keep them in? Mine wiggles around too much and I'm afraid it's going to fall out while riding. Will it be ok to just solder the spades into the connector? Second question: how do you aim your headlights? o.O

Old 01-19-2009, 10:37 PM
Banned

just looked for these and i cant seem to find the correct ones on ebay.. abyibe wanna cut and paste a kink

Old 01-19-2009, 11:30 PM

Dominate: To answer your question about the wiring, I cut the ends off and reconnected them with new connectors. So they are one piece and won't come apart. 2nd, you don't have to aim your headlights, if you put them in correctly they should be aimed already. The metal clip that holds it in, may seem a bit loose just tighten your holding screw and it wil be secure.

paluoo, because you are too lazy to do a search, here is a link for you

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Auto-...Q5fAccessories

Next time read the entire post before asking questions. In the very first post of the post, there was a link to the unit that was purchased. But since you are new, I will give you some slack

Old 01-20-2009, 12:04 AM
Banned

not lazy...i read the entire thing (5pg) ..i saw the link on the first page. it brought me to ebay to an ended auction.. then i click on view items by seller and saw tons of hid kits for sale popped up , just not the one with the slim ballasts..

so i posted the request for the link with correct kit.

stephens, i appreciate the reply to my question tho,

Old 01-20-2009, 12:25 AM

Sorry to bag on you bro, just seen so many not do their research. Hope that link helps you out. If you have any further questions that have not been answered already, PM me and I will assist you. Total time to dissasemble, install and re-assemble 2 hours. It can be done in about an hour, but I wanted to clean up all the wires and make it look pretty. When you install each light, hook it up and test it first before you put it all together.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:33 AM

doesn't the high beam aim really high and blinds people too?

Old 01-20-2009, 12:46 AM

I guess it does, but you only use your high beams on a desolate road where there are no cars and when a car comes, you turn it off. Isn't that what you do now?

Old 01-20-2009, 01:30 AM

I see. It's just that I saw some other posts saying that you should aim your high beams down a little bit and I like riding with both lights on so I wanted to aim them down so I don't kill people lol. Oh and when I turned them on tonight after my install, it didnt look nearly as blue as the ones you guys posted. Although I purchased the same ones you guys did in the 1st link. (8000k) :shrug: Oh well I don't really need blue haha.

Quick Reply: HID Slim Ballasts