F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

HELP!! running light on dash does not work after hotbody flush turn signal install!!

Old 09-19-2008, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! running light on dash does not work after hotbody flush turn signal install!!

Hi, I just completed the Hotbody Flush mount turn signals in the front. I set it up with 2 diodes on each side to where the turn signals act as running lights also. Everything worked fine, then after i put all the fairings back on and everything i realized the light on my Dash where the tach and speed readings are does not turn on. The turn signals are not running lights either but they do turn on when i signal left or right. Im thinking i may have shorted the wire somewhere while putting the fairings back on? It is such a pain in the butt to take all the fairings back off to inspect just wondering if anyone else knows Thanks!

Old 09-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Default RE: HELP!! running light on dash does not work after hotbody flush turn signal install!!

sounds like you jarred a pin loose in the front harness connecting the cluster. when was the last time you waterproofed/cleaned them? a little nudge is all it takes sometimes (it's happened to me about 3 times in the past year).

yeah it sucks, but i'd rip that front fairing off and clean/lube all your connections again. it's supposed to be done once a year or so anyway. might as well get em while the fairing is off.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Default RE: HELP!! running light on dash does not work after hotbody flush turn signal install!!

Which connectors are you talking about? Also ichanged out the OEM light bulbs for PIAA light bulbs if that has anything to do with it? but the headlights are working fine.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:08 PM

OMFG....after taking all the fairings off to inspect everything was fine (I knew my i did a good job soldering and insulating those wires). THen i started thinking what could it be. So i go check the fuse box turns out theres a blown fuse....wow a 5minute task turned into 30-45minutes lol. I just hope this isnt an ongoing problem with the blown fuse

Old 09-20-2008, 07:16 PM

If its a blown fuse you might shortend a wire check if the ground is hooked up right. do you have a f4i manuel it shows the diagram. But i know the ground is always black but im sure the ground on the f4i are green.