F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

help please! cant get bike to start

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please! cant get bike to start

iam new here and ive posted before about this problem but nobody ever answered or gave me any advice> its a 02 f4i that was wrecked when i bought it. didnt run and wount start. fuel pump wouldnt prime. so i bypassed and even bought a new bas, iver changed the two relays under the seat,bypassed my kickstand. still nothing, my kill switch is turned on the on position. i had it running for a week then i started puttin everything back together and now it wont start again! fuel pump comes on when u wire it directly to 12v. but other than that i have nothing, it will crank over all day. the only thing i can think of is i wired in a undertail light since i had it running?? dont know how or why that could affect it? also i dont have any blinkers or tag light plugged in. anyone have any advice? iam startin to think maybe the ecu went out? how can i check? thanks

Old 07-22-2010, 04:01 PM

the only lights in the display that are on is a solid red light and the neutral light along with a blinking oil can

Old 07-22-2010, 04:10 PM
October 2011 ROTM
Old 07-22-2010, 05:00 PM

checked all my connections and they are solid and dont have any bent pins or anything! this thing is killing me! i hadnt messed with the cdi box at all but on the harness there is one plug that is not connected up, but no other connection around to plug into? this thing had gotton onto my last nerves! the stealership wants 75 an hour to look at it probably to just tell me i have a problem they cant find so i hate to take it to them

Old 07-22-2010, 05:16 PM

could my tail lights(undertail) being wired wrong cause this? i just noticed when i depress my brake lever on my bars ithe tail lights are not getting brighter like when u depress the foot brake. so could them being wired wrong cause this?

Old 07-22-2010, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
Check out these threads to see if they help (Second one I stole from Dbeau):
https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109400
https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...uel+Pump+Prime
Haha I wish you hadn't, That thread makes me feel like an idiot.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:39 PM

I would check the main harness up front on the left side. My bike did a very similar thing last week. There is a green wire in the harness known to not make a complete connection after a while.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:46 PM

To get to that harness you have to pull the left lower fairing and left ram air cover. It's the biggest plug in the area and easy to check...just wiggle it with the key on worked for me. To fix the loose connection I just put a very slight twist in the pin.

It wouldn't be a bad place to check.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:55 PM

i have all the fairings off and yes i wiggled them all twisted, pushed, pulled and everything. i just double checked my undertail wiring with a voltmeter and everything is normal and right! but what i did find is that my brake switch on my bar is not working and sending 12v to the real of my bike like when i press the foot brake! i put new levers on the bike in the middle of all of this and i can hear it clicking the switch when i press it in but its not sending me the volts?

Old 07-22-2010, 06:27 PM

Just a shot in the dark have you checked your Fuces?
I blew My fuse when My bare turnsignal wire hit the forks and it wouldnt start and the only thing that showed on My display was the top idiot lights (No speedo read out)

Quick Reply: help please! cant get bike to start