F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Help with handlebar assembly, internal.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryce Swartzwelder
If you manage to pull the bar ends off again, roll them on a known flat surface. The other fellows here may well be right that you have bent ends. Remember if you get clip ons that the stock ones come with holes for the bar weights etc and new ones won't have holes drilled for any of that.

If the tube is bent there is only one real solution that is to replace it.

If it is a matter of loose threads, You could try using a little blue loctite on the loose one if you dare, but it might be a devil later in life. Teflon tape is about a dollar and you can add it to the threads in layers. I would add two or so layers to the screw threads and see if that helps keep things in place. Its easy to remove and won't seize anything up. You find it in the plumbing section of your hardware store. Automotive stores carry it as well.
Thanks for the recommendations! They seem to be fairly secure now after I just went to town on them with the screw driver. I'm very reluctant to tighten things down very much past their initial binding point, I don't know if it was the loctite on the screws (I have two sets of bar end weights making 4 screws total and all of them have a green loctite type substance on the threads) or that the internal thread of the weight on the left side is not right but like I said, so far so good after just using some brute force. We'll see!