F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

help with blinkers.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with blinkers.

hello. i am new to this forum. i just bought this bike for my wife and i would like to fix everything before she rides it.

the bike came with no undertail, no front or rear turn signals, bent front rim (probably from stunting),

front fork seals are good and not leaking....

..... I am here today to ask the question about blinkers. i bought some uni blinkers for time being until i buy her some smoked flush mount. BUT there are no wires guy just cut them out.

so for the back blinkers i open up the wiring harness and i have an assortment of wires could someone tell me what color the left blinker and the right blinker colors are? then i will work on the front.

i get that black is ground but then there are 4 other wires.

also with the blinkers unhooked when you hit the left or right on the handle bar will an arrow pop up what side is blinking? or does the CBR cluster even tell you when they are blinking?

Thanks in advance
i belive this is first post this is my wife's user name

BEN

Old 11-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Default RE: help with blinkers.

ot oh, another shortbus haha.

well welcome to the forum man. I got a picture of the back here...

Orange is your left turn signal
Blue is your right turn signal
White is your license plate light

In the front...

ignore that circled part...

on the far left, you see an orange fastener (again your left turn signal), and on the right, you see a blue fastener going to the right signal.

Now, the rear turn signals are simple: Just 2 wires - The ground and the hot

The front turn signals are a bit different. They have 3 wires for running lights. If you get flush mounts, they will have 2 wires, so they won't work as running lights unless you mod them.

Now, if you have a tangle of wires up front, just look for the blue and orange wire that lead to nowhere. hopefully he didn't cut them so short as to not be able to use them. if he did, that's just ****ing stupid because you'll probably have to buy a whole new front wiring harness. they're not terribly expensive, but a pain in the ***...

Old 11-26-2008, 05:00 PM

the rear does not look like that. i do not belive. let me see if the cam batt are charged up. this jackass hacked all kinda stuff up.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:13 PM

guy tried to make his own undertail. so i gotta get a real one and paint it same color as bike.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:25 PM

Thats A Big Mess But

Blue Is Right
Orange Is Left
Brown Is License Plate( Mines Brown )

The Ground I Have No Idea But You Can Fallow The Wire Its Goona Be A Pain..,
How Much Did You Pick The Bike Up For?....

Old 11-26-2008, 07:48 PM

traded for a bagged ranger. just a even swap had about 2700 into the truck.

back to subject........

see that black withe pinkish stripe.... that wire is HOT..... and the others are ground. i hooked the green/blue and the green/orange and i do not see a "WHITE" that one in the picture close to the camera is just another shade of blue.

and i hit the turn signal and it does not go on. BUT i can hook another light up to that BLack/pinkish wire and touch one of the other leads and it makes the blinker come on. does not blink but it says light up.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:09 PM

thats the runing light my undertail has running lights or its the turning light but you dont have it active aanyways its jsut a matter of time before you find the right combination
good luck ehh

cheers

Old 11-29-2008, 02:21 PM

looked for a little wile at it. but no luck because it started to sprinkle and had to cover it back up. i can not wait to move into my house to have somewhere to work on it.

When the bike is parked and the key is just turned and the bike is not running... can you turn your blinkers on? or does the bike have to be on?

OR do all 4 turn signals have to be hooked up for it to actually turn the blinker in the cluster on? because i do not have front or rear and i hit the blinker and no light or anything with the bike on or off or in ACC mode.

i hook up power and ground to the right blinker and the cluster just lights up with bike just in ACC mode not turned all the way on. but it says on reguardless if the blinker is on or turned off.

just trying to figure out this wiring. i know enough about wiring and so forth but i do not know about this bike.

anyone have a wiring diagram? or anything?