F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

It happened, i went down :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 07:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

in that case you were prolly going in to hot. Tires may have played a role, but in the end you are the one in control or suppose to be

Not trying to diss or bash on you just stating the obvious.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get Full Bore Tires! Love mine

Old 09-20-2010, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
in that case you were prolly going in to hot. Tires may have played a role, but in the end you are the one in control or suppose to be

Not trying to diss or bash on you just stating the obvious.
Oh im completely aware that it was completely my fault, even if i had hit gravel it would have been my fault. Definitely went in too hot for a canyon i didnt have enough experience with.

It was a great learning experience with minimal damage, im not really mad or upset. Kind of happy i got my first crash out of the way actually. Time to move on and learn more.

Joelacer, i am located in Colorado, i am definitely interested, will pm you.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by bluedevil3758
you shouldnt be leaned on the tank your whole upper body should be off the bike with your head leading
+1. As a rule of thumb I try to put my head where the mirrors are as much as possible.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your body position sucks.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Survivalism
Oh im completely aware that it was completely my fault, even if i had hit gravel it would have been my fault. Definitely went in too hot for a canyon i didnt have enough experience with.

It was a great learning experience with minimal damage, im not really mad or upset. Kind of happy i got my first crash out of the way actually. Time to move on and learn more.

Joelacer, i am located in Colorado, i am definitely interested, will pm you.
I like seeing that you take full responsibility. It amazes me at how many riders blame everything but themselves.

And you're right, its a learning experience, we learn from our mistakes. I know I for one have learned plenty in my life time lol

Old 09-24-2010, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
I like seeing that you take full responsibility. It amazes me at how many riders blame everything but themselves.

And you're right, its a learning experience, we learn from our mistakes. I know I for one have learned plenty in my life time lol
Pulled the fairing off today to check out the damage to the tail, fairing is not worth fixing IMO, tail light mounts got ripped out of the tail light casing lol, sub frame looks straight so no serious damage.

Just need to replace the fairing, tail light ( clear alternatives? ), and buy a new black plastic mudflap ( yeah right, like i needed an excuse for a pimp bikes undertail )

Called up delkevic and the guy told me he would take a unpainted tail out of a kit for me so im going to run down their tomorrow probably and grab the unpainted tail. Probably going to buy some cans of prime, paint, and clear from color-rite and see how good i am at painting. Plan on painting the pimp bikes undertail and the new tail fairing.

Ive seen alot of good write ups for spraying with cans but i dont remember where they were, AFAIK mostly its in the prep work and the number of coats. Need to brush up on what to do before i begin lol.

Last edited by Survivalism; 09-24-2010 at 07:40 PM.