F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

It happened, i went down :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It happened, i went down :(

Was taking a tight left hand turn and felt the foot peg feeler scrape, i still needed more lean and then i heard it REALLY scrape and it was all over, rear tire kicked out and the tail fairing broke right at the back.

Only damage thanks to frame sliders is a bit if rash on the stator cover, a bit of rash on the mirror and bar end and the tail fairing is broken.

Question time, does anyone have this brand of ebay fairing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F4i-n...Q5fAccessories

If you do how close are the colors?

Is anyone able to recommend a cheap fairing set that looks and fits good? Thinking about putting a new color scheme on it.

Are the stator covers that are black and say CBR on them on ebay any good? Doesnt look like it would fit correctly.

Thats all for now i think.

Oh and i am fine, thats why i wear full gear everytime i go out. Not a single scratch on me.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:29 PM

I bought those fairings for my bike from moto_777 or whatever his name is on ebay (all the ebay ones come from the same place). Long story short...I ended up just having All the OEM pieces painted as they had some serious fit issues (DIDNT FIT). Don't do it! The only fairing I used from the hole package was the 2 side pieces. Everything else fit like crap (I had to struggle to get the side pieces to fit).

Old 09-19-2010, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the input man, does anyone have any experience with the auctmart fairings? They look like they are guaranteed fitment.

Also i noticed that delkevic sells fairings, they are also like 20 minutes from my house so im thinking about going in and seeing if they will sell me a painted silver rear fairing.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buy American made fairings!

Just make sure you get your fairings from a company located in AMERICA like delvic(I would go with them), they are made better and fit better than their counterparts in china, hong kong, or tiawan. Plus they jack-up the shipping to 200-300$ and paypal doesnt refund shipping cost. Shouldnt cost more than $50(I know this for a fact) to ship here in America.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:56 PM

here is link to Delkevic
http://www.delkevic.us/

Old 09-19-2010, 10:41 PM

I have a whole set of auctmarts1 fairings and I love them, Fit great and didn't even break when I lowsided, paint was good but the white yellowed after about a riding season(not to bad tho), so any other color should be fine. they are a bit less flexible than OEM, but good shipping and communication. I would buy from them again.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

learn better body positioning

Old 09-19-2010, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
learn better body positioning
Actually my body positioning was pretty damn good, i knew it was going to be tight so i leaned off and tucked to the tank leaning my body chest and head off to the left but against the tank.

Thinking about it most of the day i really think it was my tires, they are sport touring tires that are not really sticky, the road was clear and thinking about the scrape on the asphalt from my peg i wasnt close to hitting gravel or the center line.

Either the peg lifted the bike up ( unlikely ) or i got worried and chopped the throttle ( good chance, i dont remember but i normally have good throttle control )

If i had sticky tires i really think i would have made it, time to slow it down for the rest of these tires and get my confidence back up and then hit the track with some sticky ones.

About my fairings, i forgot i would have to repaint my tank if i went with a different color scheme so im just going to see if i can pick up a delkevic locally and get it painted silver.

Last edited by Survivalism; 09-19-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:28 AM

Hey Survivalism, where are you located? I have an extra brand new delkevic tail fairing you can have if you want, it depends on shipping costs but I'd let it go for a lot less than that no name ebay one. PM me or reply on here if you are interested.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:26 AM

you shouldnt be leaned on the tank your whole upper body should be off the bike with your head leading

Quick Reply: It happened, i went down :(