F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Had my first accident today!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Fox
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Had my first accident today!!

ORIGINAL: Advert25

Anyone know where I can get a new set of plastics? I want everything Front Cowl, Side Cowls, Rear Cowl. I dont want there to be a scratch on the bike when Im done. Oh ya its a 2001 F4i. Thanks in advance!!

Well its 4 days after the crash and I still cant bend me knee haha. it hurts like hell but I will be fine. Im not getting back on the bike until I get a new Helmet, Pants and Boots. I guess Im pretty lucky I didnt break anything. Soooo Im not going to chance it next time.
I'd try www.ronayers.com, www.bikebandit.com, etc. There might be others. Def. get a quote from a dealership near you to see if you're getting a deal. OEM plastics are expensive, but if I ever went down, I'll be sure getting new plastics. Sucks, but it'll look like she was before IT happened, right?

+1 on the new helmet. If you even THINK it was damaged, get a new one. It's not worth crap now. Maybe a living room ornament.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:25 PM

ORIGINAL: mikem317

ORIGINAL: Advert25

Anyone know where I can get a new set of plastics? I want everything Front Cowl, Side Cowls, Rear Cowl. I dont want there to be a scratch on the bike when Im done. Oh ya its a 2001 F4i. Thanks in advance!!

Well its 4 days after the crash and I still cant bend me knee haha. it hurts like hell but I will be fine. Im not getting back on the bike until I get a new Helmet, Pants and Boots. I guess Im pretty lucky I didnt break anything. Soooo Im not going to chance it next time.
I'd try www.ronayers.com, www.bikebandit.com, etc. There might be others. Def. get a quote from a dealership near you to see if you're getting a deal. OEM plastics are expensive, but if I ever went down, I'll be sure getting new plastics. Sucks, but it'll look like she was before IT happened, right?

+1 on the new helmet. If you even THINK it was damaged, get a new one. It's not worth crap now. Maybe a living room ornament.
thanks for the info!!!! yeah looks like I will get some new plastics from OEM. I will price it out and then go to the dealer and see if they can beat the price.

Yeah the helmet is toast, there is a huge scrap along the left side of the helmet so I retired her. I think im going to switch from HJC to Shoei. The HJC was nice just alittle loud and alittle heavy.

Thanks for the info Mikem317!!!!

Old 01-17-2006, 05:42 PM

Dude. Why were you not looking up?

Old 01-17-2006, 06:10 PM

ORIGINAL: cbrhomie600

Dude. Why were you not looking up?
I dont feel like I need to justify my actions to the 3 week wheelie, endo guy. Its just a matter of time before we see this exact same post with the exact same subject line from you.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:18 PM

no it will be a post more like " i need plasitc for my bike i did a wheelie or an endo and it flipped"

Old 01-17-2006, 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: pupdog_88

no it will be a post more like " i need plasitc for my bike i did a wheelie or an endo and it flipped"
I hope its something minor like that. That guy scares the crap out of me. Just be safe bro. You have alot of life left. You dont want to end up eating your meals through a tube. Just slow down a little bit.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:53 PM

Hey everyone. I posted new pictures of the rebuild on my bike. I put some before and after pics up. So far I have replaced the clutch shifter bracket (Left Side), Bought a brand new STOCK muffler on Ebay for $30.00 and Replaced the Stator cover on the left side of the bike. You can see the before and after of that in the pictures. Let me know if anyone has any questions about how to replace that Stator cover. It only took me about 15 min to do the whole job. Alot easier than I thought it would be. Next job is replacing and repainting all the plastics!!!!

Old 02-07-2006, 02:09 AM

Hey bro...I have had a few spills myself. And it gets expensive fixing it after a couple of times. For the most part, I have done everything to fix it myself. You can find almost everything you need on Ebay. Unless you have any mechanical or motor damage you should be alright. "Do you know why we fall down? So we can pick ourselves back up." - Batman Begins-

Old 02-07-2006, 03:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear you are ok man. They say the best way to learn is by experience. Yeah, it sucks, but I guarantee (if there are any brains left in your head, which I'm sure there are) that when you ride, you will definitely know what the car in front of you is doing at all times, even if you don't realize it. You will probably ride a little further back, too. (: