F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Fuel system cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 04:38 PM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As soon as I saw PC, I shoulda just asked you to check pulse. I had the same exact problem but mine only turned about to be a bad ground. Check all your grounds, make sure the PC itself is grounded, (seperate cable). Next, I would plug it back in and then check for pulse, that would surely tell you its the PC. Cheers.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PossibleF4I
As soon as I saw PC, I shoulda just asked you to check pulse. I had the same exact problem but mine only turned about to be a bad ground. Check all your grounds, make sure the PC itself is grounded, (seperate cable). Next, I would plug it back in and then check for pulse, that would surely tell you its the PC. Cheers.
You know what, the PO had a wire from the PC running to the pos. battery terminal. Now that I think about it, i bet the PC was never grounded. I hope by hooking the ground up like that he didn't wreck it He must have undone the battery over storage or to charge it or something and hooked it up wrong. What kind of possible damage could be done and how do I check for pulse? test light? I have no paperwork for the PC so I have no knowledge of it.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should be the same voltage going in on both ends so I would think it should be fine. Hopefully I can hook it back up and have no troubles.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:56 AM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, with PC connected, pull the plug off the injector (4) and pop in a test light, you can use your headlight with a paper clip attached. stick it and crank the starter. If it flashes you are getting pulse, if not, nothing. its probably whats causing your problem. Re-connect it right and then check it out. I am not sure about the Pos connection. Probably nothing because its not "grounding". Maybe check fuses? The PC could also be fautly. They are known to be fautly, this is why you can send it to Dynojet and they will repair if possible for like 30 bucks. Good luck.