F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

THANK YOU!!!! everyone at CBRFORUM

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THANK YOU!!!! everyone at CBRFORUM

I am very Long winded, but this is the story of my 2001 F4i.
Last year around this time i wrecked my F4i. Some Crack head cut me of on the road and slammed on his brakes. I was boxed in, my only option was to try to stop before i slammed into the rear of his broke down mercury (The mercury had some real good brakes though lol). I locked the rear brakes on F4i with some pressure from front but it still wasnt stopping fast enough panicked and squeezed the front brake handle too suddenly and aggressively and my rear end was up in the air....and so was I..as i flew toward the rear window of the Crack Heads mercury he looked at me thru his rear view threw up his middle finger and skidded off before i piled onto his rear window...I thank God i had all my gear on and landed like i was sliding into home base...walked away with a busted lip and slight sprain on ankle and very light scratches on my ICON Leather/Textile jacket (saved my skin)....but my F4i didnt walk away she layed there bleeding from her Cracked starter cover. It took a year and a lot of $$$ but i revived her. all the fairings were trashed, Engine remained in great condition (Honda is the best). No damage to chassis just a lot of expensive cosmetic work. I replaced all my fairings, changed all fluids checked plugs. then decided to go a step further to make her better than she was..TransCBRism (LOL...did you get it? transhumanism (evolve beyond human) TransCBRism...) ANYWAY...I upgraded my front and rear sporckets 15T-FR, 46T-RR, DID 520 Gold Chain. Front and Rear Galfer stainless steel Brake Line. Oh yeah and i also upgraded from the silver tube exhaust to a yoshi TRS/CF and tinted wind shield, flsh turn signals, integrated turn signal taillight. ANYWAY what Im trying to say is THANK YOU!!! All members of CBRForum who have asked questions and given answers ( i didnt have to ask a single question just use the search bar lol), It is because of you i was able to save money and do ALL the work myself, and start riding this spring. Anyway here are some pics of my revived baby girl. Oh yeah i installed the license plate crooked just noticed

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Silver-Raven; 04-22-2014 at 06:35 PM. Reason: pictures will not show
Old 04-22-2014, 08:49 PM
Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts

Nice recovery! Glad you were ok as wel.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:01 PM

Nice work on the revival. im sure it wasn't cheap to replace all merfed plastics but it always looks better when the bike doesn't scream beginner haha (my left side plastics slid down the road from the po and looks rookie) but I noticed your undertail is the stock one and it looks good, although the plate is crooked here in the next few days ill be posting my stock undertail project as well as my shorty stock pipe project. keep an eye out for my posts raven I think you may like how I did my tail! safe riding partner look out for the jack pipes on the road and keep it on two wheels... maybe one

Old 04-25-2014, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by ColoradoF4I
Nice work on the revival. im sure it wasn't cheap to replace all merfed plastics but it always looks better when the bike doesn't scream beginner haha (my left side plastics slid down the road from the po and looks rookie) but I noticed your undertail is the stock one and it looks good, although the plate is crooked here in the next few days ill be posting my stock undertail project as well as my shorty stock pipe project. keep an eye out for my posts raven I think you may like how I did my tail! safe riding partner look out for the jack pipes on the road and keep it on two wheels... maybe one
Thanks. And yeah the fairings are not cheap. I'm interested to see the results of customizing your undertail. All I did was cut off excess plastic and tried to clean it up as best I could. I just put a few decals on I'll post a pic of it...still looks clean to me.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:50 AM

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-25-2014, 11:36 PM

Looks good man that's pretty much what I did too made it nice and square and hit it with bed liner. Also tucked the plate right under the brake light and did a false bolt so the plate and swing around and reveals the seat key cylinder. I don't think it looks bad

Old 04-27-2014, 08:36 PM

Did you order the plastics OEM from honda? Or aftermarket?

Old 04-28-2014, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by dscott3984
Did you order the plastics OEM from honda? Or aftermarket?
No, it is aftermarket I believe it was k power sports only had to widen screw holes pretty good though

Old 04-28-2014, 10:32 PM

Nice! I know how it personally feels to revive your bike. I too spent lots of $$$ and time to revive mines from a wreck as well (and still rebuilding)

Wrecked

80% Done

Getting full exhaust tomorrow, and still lots of different things I have to add, like new plastics since the ones i got were used since I couldnt wait to get back on the road lol

Old 04-29-2014, 07:08 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice rebuild! There's a certain pride that comes with riding what you have put your time and money into. Very nice job getting her back right

Quick Reply: THANK YOU!!!! everyone at CBRFORUM