F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

fuel pump backwards?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump backwards?

Ok guys,
I just bought an 02 CBR F4i. I had it painted and am now in the process of putting it back together. I got the tank on today and i try to start it but it will not turn over. It looks as if the main fuel line is "kinked". Is there any way the pump can go in backwards?

[/align]

Old 04-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Default RE: fuel pump backwards?

I believe there is only one way that it will fit in by how the bolts and bolt holes are set up, but I could be wrong. Either way, if the bike is not turning over, you've got electrical problems, not fuel pump problems. Check your fuses and electrical connections and make sure the fuel pump primes when the key is on and the kill switch is set to run.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:00 PM

Yes it does prime whn I turn it on. Also, it does turn over when i try to start it but i get nothing. The onl thing I can think of is the fuel line being kinked. But its got no play to it whatsoever. That is why I thought i may have the whole pump on wrong. I also thought it only went on one way. I would like to see if anyone else has had trouble like this before I take the pump back out.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:23 PM

Also, When i turn the key to the on position: the reserve tank bars stay lit on my guage. Don't know if this helps, but it never used to show up. Thanks

Old 09-03-2022, 04:44 PM
Default Fuel sender can be put in backwards!?

Originally Posted by 02goblin
Yes it does prime whn I turn it on. Also, it does turn over when i try to start it but i get nothing. The onl thing I can think of is the fuel line being kinked. But its got no play to it whatsoever. That is why I thought i may have the whole pump on wrong. I also thought it only went on one way. I would like to see if anyone else has had trouble like this before I take the pump back out.

Rekindles old thread, but yes. Working on my sister's bike and noticed the kink OP posted about. After some research I noticed they have no keyed bolt to keep someone from putting it on exactly backwards.

Original orientation

After replacement orientation. 🙄