F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump

This winter I took my bike apart and was preparing to get it painted but I changed my mind. So today I was curious to see how she was doing and put the tank back on and the front headlights. When I turn the key on everything lights up but the pump doesnt prime. I checked the connections and the fuses and they are good. But, I havent gotten my upper fairing back from the body shop or my new front turn signals, already threw away the old ones since I'm filling the stock mount and getting integrated mirrors. So the wires for the turn signals are just chillin out not being hooked up to anything. Now... would those wires kill the circuit and prevent power from being passed to the fp?

Old 01-13-2010, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by teko1020
This winter I took my bike apart and was preparing to get it painted but I changed my mind. So today I was curious to see how she was doing and put the tank back on and the front headlights. When I turn the key on everything lights up but the pump doesnt prime. I checked the connections and the fuses and they are good. But, I havent gotten my upper fairing back from the body shop or my new front turn signals, already threw away the old ones since I'm filling the stock mount and getting integrated mirrors. So the wires for the turn signals are just chillin out not being hooked up to anything. Now... would those wires kill the circuit and prevent power from being passed to the fp?
n

Old 01-13-2010, 09:10 PM

I got her figured out. Since I don't have my upper fairing my headlights were half cocked sideways so the tip sensor wanted to give me a heart attack. Now she's purrin for the first time in 2010.