F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Fuel How much?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuel How much?

Does anyone know:
When the reserve indicator pops up, how much fuel is per bar?
How much is left when reserve bars hit zero?

Old 06-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel How much?

I know that when you get to the reserve bars there is like .98 gals left. As far as how much per bar, well I don't think that there is a set amount. I believe that the computer makes a guestamate based on use mph vs rpm. I have gone like 10 miles on 0 bars before but I don't recommend that. As I ended up putting in more than the tanks rated capacity.

Old 06-30-2006, 06:57 PM

yea, it makes a guess on MPH and engine speed.

Old 06-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yo mang...i think it's based on miles travelled...something like 1/8 mile = 1 bar or something like that.

Old 06-30-2006, 07:55 PM

When you reserve thing appears you have at most like 12 miles left. I acctually tested that theory to some degree. Barely made it to the gas station. But, like DThompson said, depending on the engine speed you can go longer or shorter distance. I would say to be safe, fill up within 8 miles.

Old 06-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I ran until there were no bars left once and I could slosh fuel around when I got to the gas station. Couldn't see any but I could hear it. Maybe I should've used my lighter to see better.
j/k

Old 06-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Fox
Banned

ORIGINAL: bikesnjeeps

I know that when you get to the reserve bars there is like .98 gals left. As far as how much per bar, well I don't think that there is a set amount. I believe that the computer makes a guestamate based on use mph vs rpm. I have gone like 10 miles on 0 bars before but I don't recommend that. As I ended up putting in more than the tanks rated capacity.
I've heard 0.98 or 0.9 gallons.

So you should have at least 30 miles left in terms of range, but prob. no more than 40 miles.

Old 07-01-2006, 01:49 AM

There is a sensor on you fuel pump assembly that tells the guage when the gas goes below it. as for how many miles left or how it knows how much is left after it goes below the sensor .. I have no clue?!

Old 07-15-2006, 01:28 AM

Question on the Fuel sensor & sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. I have 2002 F4i,1st bike got a couple weeks ago just had it serviced. I asked about the fuel gauge told him it flashes up when you first turn it on, then it goes out. He said that I have a bad cluster or whatever you call it. after reading your post just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly That the only time that those bars to the left side of the cluster comes on is when your about to run out of gas??? Also is there anywhere I can download a owners manual? I have the Service manual already. Any help would be appreciated

Thank you!

Old 07-15-2006, 02:08 AM

ORIGINAL: 2002F4iNuB

Question on the Fuel sensor & sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. I have 2002 F4i,1st bike got a couple weeks ago just had it serviced. I asked about the fuel gauge told him it flashes up when you first turn it on, then it goes out. He said that I have a bad cluster or whatever you call it. after reading your post just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly That the only time that those bars to the left side of the cluster comes on is when your about to run out of gas??? Also is there anywhere I can download a owners manual? I have the Service manual already. Any help would be appreciated

Thank you!
Welcome 2002F4iNuB,
You are correct in that the fuel level bars will only appear on the gauge cluster when the bike hits "reserve" level(.98 gal.) These bikes do not show the fuel level until it reaches reserve level.

As far as the service manual download for the 2002 F4i service manual, click HERE and then click on the 01-03 CBR600 F4i link on the bottom left-hand side of the page.

-John

Quick Reply: Fuel How much?