F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

fpr? fuel pump??

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fpr? fuel pump??

so i was riding to work today and everything was fine for the first few minutes then i was sitting at a stop sign and the rpms started to drop and it was idling at or below 1000 so i gave it a little gas to keep them up so it wouldnt stall out on me. i finally get a chance to cross and the bike barely makes it across the street and starts bouncing between like 500 and 1000rpms and wouldnt rev when i twisted the throttle. The fi light came on then it died on me about 10 seconds later and wouldnt start back up.

After i got off work i tried starting it again and the fuel pump primed but it sounded real weak. It was a real low pitch buzz not the usual whine. So i was like whatever ill give it a shot and pushed the starter button. The bike started and idled at about 1000rpms for a second or two then died. So after that repeated 2-3 more times i just pushed it home then tried starting it again. The bike ran for about 10 seconds then finally shut off again. I tried revving it during that time and all the other times as soon as id start it but it wouldnt rev. Sooo does this sound like my fpr is bad? I was gonna replace it the other week when my bike seemed a little sluggish but ive been so busy with work ive never gotten around to it. Im hoping i didnt burn out my fuel pump since id much rather just spend the $50 on a new fpr to solve the problem.