F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

fork upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 08:52 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brveagle
DO NOT swap out front forks for inverted RR forks. That's for posers and stunters to do.
thats a dbag statement to make....

Old 12-08-2010, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by __Z__
thats a dbag statement to make....
Not really. It's based on factual evidence. Stunters occasionally swap to a larger "beefier" fork tube for the increased strength. Posers swap forks for the bling factor associated with inverted forks and the ability to brag at the local hangout.

Lose the hard@ss mentality. I understand you are trying to make a sale, but this thread isn't the place.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:07 AM
July 2010 ROTM

if youre racing dont do the naarden lift, it helps stunting, but makes the f4i like dirtbike tall.-not quite, but its noticable

id say revalve and spring, having ridden f4is with r1 front ends, stock front ends and gsxr front ends and 600rr front ends, the stock felt the very best for handling, 600rr came in second but the front was super low bc the forks r shorter and the clip ons u have to use make u strech out pretty far. the gsxr and r1 and 600rr both just felt weird when turning, like something was wrong, it rode fine, and was dependable, but just felt different-i dunno how to explain it

now for my stunting buddies, they love the gsxr front end and the 600rr front end, they like the gsxr front a lil better bc its just a hair stiffer. but keep in mind those bikes r apart more often than they r together and actually driving/drivable

Old 12-08-2010, 10:14 AM

Not really. It's based on factual evidence. Stunters occasionally swap to a larger "beefier" fork tube for the increased strength. Posers swap forks for the bling factor associated with inverted forks and the ability to brag at the local hangout.

Lose the hard@ss mentality. I understand you are trying to make a sale, but this thread isn't the place.
lol your the one with the hardass mentality (as can be seen through your numerous other posts just attempting to put people as well as their ideas down)

and for your knowledge swapping for the rr forks does more than just swap forks.. you benefit with a better feeling master cylinder, as well as bigger rotors, calipers, and a lighter front wheel.... why stick with old technology when you can have better newer technology?

Im not trying to get a sale im offering him a option

Old 12-08-2010, 10:48 AM

lol your the one with the hardass mentality (as can be seen through your numerous other posts just attempting to put people as well as their ideas down)
Nice one! You got me good.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:51 AM

Nice one! You got me good.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:55 AM

I have a F4 track bike that only see's the track.

I have all the proper upgraded internals and love the feel. I would highly recommend you do the same and DO NOT swap out front forks for inverted RR forks. That's for posers and stunters to do. The f4i has a very sweet chasis feel to it. Do not play with honda's engineering.
If you would phrase your thoughts a bit more artfully perhaps this thread wouldnt deteriorate into a flame war as any one of a thousand other forums would. Your ideas arent entirely wrong but your use of the English language is.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by MitchA
If you would phrase your thoughts a bit more artfully perhaps this thread wouldnt deteriorate into a flame war as any one of a thousand other forums would. Your ideas arent entirely wrong but your use of the English language is.

yeap that's not Queens english , , Should be something like,

""If one would please rephrase ones thoughts a little more tactfully one would not upset ones friends... ""

Sorry couldn't resist...

Old 12-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

His "you suck and so do inverted forks on f4i's" post seems like pretty good english to me. Fairly true too.

The upside to inverted forks are they have less unsprung mass. The heavy part with the fork internals is bolted to the bike and dosen't move, only the "light" part of the fork is going up and down. That means the catridge can better handle whatever the wheel is doing. Im not sure how they are stiffer when both forks are 41mm but Im not an expert so I won't venture a guess.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by vangill
600rr came in second but the front was super low bc the forks r shorter and the clip ons u have to use make u strech out pretty far.
Would you say that your impression was affected by being "stretched out"? Say, if the clip ons were higher and closer to you, would you say that the ride was the same as the OEM?

you benefit with a better feeling master cylinder, as well as bigger rotors, calipers, and a lighter front wheel.... why stick with old technology when you can have better newer technology?
Don't forget radial brakes (in some cases)

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
His "you suck and so do inverted forks on f4i's" post seems like pretty good english to me. Fairly true too.

The upside to inverted forks are they have less unsprung mass. The heavy part with the fork internals is bolted to the bike and dosen't move, only the "light" part of the fork is going up and down. That means the catridge can better handle whatever the wheel is doing. Im not sure how they are stiffer when both forks are 41mm but Im not an expert so I won't venture a guess.

So they suck based on experience, or on what you think?

Quick Reply: fork upgrade