F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Forget the spring

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forget the spring

I decided I couldn't wait till the spring to buy my 2 bros cf slip on and my comp wks fender eliminator kit for my 06 cbr f4i. I ordered it from parts 411 the slip on cost $400 and the fender eliminator cost $105 and I also bought a battery tender for $50. The day the 2 bros came in I felt like a little kid opening it up. An early x-mas gift. It reminded me of opening back in the day one of the Lions from Voltron. I was so happy it took like 9 days to come.

Anyway, the slip on was easy to install except 4 when I had to take the 02 sensor eliminator off and pull the wire and stretch it a little bit 2 make it fit. I was a little nervous I was going to rip the wire out. No problem there because no light has come on and no air leaks. The slip on sounds great I love it. I also installed the comp wrks fender eliminator kit, I know I read on here how it took someone 5 hours. It took me like twice that amount of time but who cares I was in garage while it was raining. I took it out when I finished it the next day. While riding the metal kit came out a little bit so my licence plate was hangin a little bit. I know how I messed up because I didn't install the left and right bracket. It looks like I will be spending a little more time working on it.

Still, it felt good to do it by myself rather than pay the honda dealer who knows how much? I live in NYC and I am still riding and plan on riding through the winter no winterizing for me. Its funny when people see you riding on a cold day or night they look at you like your crazy. Uhh, yes I am!

Old 11-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: Forget the spring

21...You made the right decision, bro. Even though you are riding through winter, now is the time to do your projects. Also, you made two excellent modification choices. They are both a MUST...let's see some pics. Welcome to the site!!!

Old 11-21-2007, 09:13 PM

Chyl...I got the same bike like u. I was going to get the same micron slip on u have. I think it looks the best. What else are you going to do to your bike? I would like to get the blue stripes on the tires and maybe intergrated turn signals in the front, and a targa solo seat. I don't want to go to crazy, but I see our bike on this forum and there is a lot of things you can add on.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Retired Moderator

21...I wanted to clean up that nasty *** "air brake" and put on a new fart can for sexy/sound reasons. I have decided to clean up the brake and turn signals (finally decided that since nobody can see me anyway, I will make them more pleasing to the eye). After that, my choices are mostly practical. I am upgrading my front brake to a braided line, and am considering a Power Commander. Asfar as the seat cowl goes, I am not a fan of the Targa look, but it is your choice. You could always do a seat conversion if you are feeling "froggy". I believe there is a good write up done by EPNF4i...and you could always PM himif you can't find it...he is a good egg, and I am sure he would be glad to help.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome to the forum! you're gonna love that 2bros pipe. there is absolutely no way in hell i'd go w/ any other pipe now, 2bros is the best in my opinion.

pics, pics, pics!

Old 11-21-2007, 10:57 PM

jaynd, I see u have the 02 sensor on that 2 bros pipe I thought the 01 didn't have it. What slip on did u have before besides the stock?

Old 11-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mines a CA model. somehow......here i am in MD w/ a CA model F4i, haha. the guy i bought if from was military and moved from CA to VA.

the bike was kept 100% stock until in my hands.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:30 PM

Jaynd, I live in NYC and the original owner lived here as well and my bike is a Cali bike as well go figure. My bike was bone stock as well. I still didn't know the 02 sensor was installed in the Cali bikes back then. I wonder how far it goes back? What ever I just hear that it makes the bike run lean but it doesn't effect performance. I could have gotten a 02 sensor eliminator but what for my bike runs good and thats all that matters!