Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bro buy it from heartland honda cheaper than anyone else and good shipping

Old 05-18-2011, 09:18 AM

I will check them out.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:55 AM
Registered Users

Just threw on a new Carbon Fiber Two Brothers VALE slip-on exhaust last night, which is amazing btw! After starting it up though, I discovered a small fluid leak (appears to be fuel -- one droplet every 2 seconds) at the midpipe-header mounting point. Apparently, this problem must have always been there, but the stock gasket must have been sufficient at preventing the leak.

Should I assume I have the same problem as OP?

It's a 2001 F4i w/ 5000miles... or is it maybe a gasket that dried up since prev. owner never rode it?

Old 05-18-2011, 10:27 AM

Are you sure it isnt moisture? Mine will have moisture drip from the midpipe until it warms up.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by Dodgehemi7
Are you sure it isnt moisture? Mine will have moisture drip from the midpipe until it warms up.
Oh really? Never thought of that. Perhaps a dumb question, but how do the physics of that work -- shouldn't the heated air of the exhaust vaporize anything in there (especially water)?

I couldn't tell 100% if it was fuel, because I had the bike running in an enclosed area, and the fumes were messing with my sense of smell.

The only other symptoms I have, would be:
1) The bike always starts fine cold, but occasionally when I stop briefly after riding (ie gas station), and restart, it will not turn over unless I give it a little throttle while I push in the starter.
2) Sometimes when I start up, I will see faint smoke come out of the exhaust for 5-10 seconds.

thanks for the help!

Old 05-18-2011, 11:36 AM

Well your car has moisture that comes out of the tail pipe, so I would just assume that the bike wouldnt be any different. I am no professional and dont have an exact answer so hopefully someone will chime in with a better answer than mine.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:38 AM

Update
Ordered the parts from Heartland Honda and ALEX you were right. They have great deals on OEM parts. And they shipped everything out the same day I ordered. So far so good. Will let you guys know how the bike runs when finished.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by Dodgehemi7
Well your car has moisture that comes out of the tail pipe, so I would just assume that the bike wouldnt be any different. I am no professional and dont have an exact answer so hopefully someone will chime in with a better answer than mine.
Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for the thoughts....

Looks like I am not the only one: https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...normal-112133/

Good luck on your fix.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by MNJason
Oh really? Never thought of that. Perhaps a dumb question, but how do the physics of that work -- shouldn't the heated air of the exhaust vaporize anything in there (especially water)?

I couldn't tell 100% if it was fuel, because I had the bike running in an enclosed area, and the fumes were messing with my sense of smell.

The only other symptoms I have, would be:
1) The bike always starts fine cold, but occasionally when I stop briefly after riding (ie gas station), and restart, it will not turn over unless I give it a little throttle while I push in the starter.
2) Sometimes when I start up, I will see faint smoke come out of the exhaust for 5-10 seconds.

thanks for the help!
The exhaust will produce vapor untill it gets everything hot enough to evaporate everything. That is normal. Check to make sure it is not fuel though. That could cause other problems if not fixed.
As for the 5-10 sec of smoke @ start up if it is a blackish smoke that is just the excess fuel making thing too rich when you give it throttle to start it. That could be in your mapping also. When the motor is cold the computer tells the fuel system to richen the mix so the bike fires right up normal. Once the motor is hot the computer will try to start on the normal low idle map settings. To meet emitions they are set on the lean side so you twist the throttle for a hot start and now the computer wants to dump more fuel into the cylenders as they fire producing said smoke. As long as the smoke goes away quickly don't worry about it.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:24 PM

hey dodge doo me a favor shoot <zane@heartlandhonda.com>
a email tell em alex (asantos1291@yahoo.com) referred you

Quick Reply: Flame, popping and gas smell