F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

FI light on last night now gone

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FI light on last night now gone

Last night I left my friends house and noticed the FI light was on. I shut the bike off and back on and it persisted. It seemed to run fine other than a slight hesitation upon WOT. I started it up this morning and headed to work and The light is off and the bike is running fine.

I ordered my PowerCommander just this weekend and thought "just my luck" lol. A FI issue right before my PCIII arrives.

Anyway, the only thing I did slightly different last night was, because I was parked behind his house and it was late, I started it and immediately idled out of the grassy area and out to the road where I let it warm up a bit more before proceeding home.

This isn't the first time I've ran it cold so I'm not quite sure why this pops up now.

Does the ECU store old codes? I'd like to at least see why it happened whether it's fine now or not.

Any thoughts?

Old 05-10-2011, 11:37 AM

From what I understand the computer is self correcting ... as in, when the problem goes away the code goes away ... I can't really think of anything right off hand that I could even suggest looking at ... especially since it didn't really have many symptoms other than a slight hesitation at WOT .... :\ ... somebody else might chime in for something to look at .... you might could try putting it into diagnostic mode to see if it does spit out any codes ... see whatcha get .... it's a really quick process, worst case scenario ya get nothing but a steady light ... (which means nothing) ...

Old 05-10-2011, 01:24 PM

I'm planning on checking for codes when I get home today so we'll see what she has to say for herself.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:45 PM

We'll be sticking around to find anything out ... keep us posted ...

Old 05-12-2011, 11:44 AM

Well I didn't bother checking the codes as the light never came back. I did however hook up my new powercommander and I'm honestly pretty disappointed. The first map I tried was a micron highmount map because I have a highmount and noticed no difference. I then tried a two brothers map which seemed much worse. Lastly I loaded the stock f4i pcIII map and there might have been a slight improvement over the highmount map but its hard to tell really.

I probably would not buy another power commander in the future.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:51 PM

UPDATE:

I checked the FI codes. I get 1 long blink, 2 blinks, 5 blinks, 8 blinks and 9 blinks. lol

It appears my map sensor is bad, TPS is bad, and IAT is bad.

Bummer.