Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

last night was a night i will not forget.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default last night was a night i will not forget.

well im posting here for two reasons, one to share my experience and the other i will get too. so everybody knows that m-59 and schecneer(cant spell it) gets backed up in the left lane.. and well i stop and what not...but the lady driving the explorer way behind me saw a green light and decide she was gunna pay any attention to the road...and well...

she hit me going at least 35 to 45 mph..never hit the brakes..4 total cars were involved..me being the only one totalled. infront of me was a minivan. i had some very good friends help me out and take me and my girlfriend to the hospital and what not..so spent 5 hours there...lucky neither of us are hurt...just whip lass. but hey look these pics and believe that a taurus is a good safe car...if i was in a hatchback or what not..me and my girlfriend would be dead. now the other thing i was gunna ask is that i am in need of a car or truck..and one selling or know somebody..kinda going back and forth about gettin a new one or just a beater...

so yea..what a f-ing night. and damnit do i love my friends.

i just copied this from my local forum..so some stuff doesnt apply..like the buying car thing...i just wanted to share

Old 01-29-2007, 12:44 AM
Default RE: last night was a night i will not forget.

Sorry to hear you got hit but glad to hear you are allright.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:51 AM

Wow, lookslike it held up well though!!! Glad everyone is okay.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:32 AM

sorry bout the car, looks like it hurt...glad youre ok

Old 01-29-2007, 03:43 AM

Sorry for the car, but luckily you and your girlfriend are OK.

That reminds me that always keep some cushion space with a car ahead when stopping at red light, in case the car behind me is too closed to me, so that I will move forward a little bit. So that I keep some space with the car behind me.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:55 AM

same here. although i don't think it would help too much when the car behind you rear ends you going 35-45.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:16 AM

i had at least a full car lenght inbetween me and the van infront of me...but yea i kno what you mean

Old 01-29-2007, 05:28 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks. Like everyone else already said, good to hear you weren't hurt too badly.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Retired Administrator

That's from 35 to 45 MPH? I know cars are made to take the impact now, but damn... that looks like a crash test car doing a bit better than 40's.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:33 AM

Steve - I know exactly the intersection you're talking about, it does get really backed up there (OH and it's Schoenherr Rd. )

Glad to hear you guys made it out alright.That dumb "B"was probably on the phone with hubby, yelling at her kids in the back seat, putting on make-up, eating a Big John's steak and onion, reading Vogue, changing a CD, filling outtwo job applications (she wants to be a part time soccer mom AND den mother for her cub scout son who is too hyper - hence she was yelling at him in the back seat).

Anyways, I've got fam and friends in Marine City, St. Clair Shores and pretty much the entire Detroit Metro area... I'll keep my ears open as the vehicle availability.

My best to you and your girl, glad you're OK.

Joe

PS. And I'm up north of Flint so if you wanna get together and ride this summer just give a shout - we're always game for a road trip!

Quick Reply: last night was a night i will not forget.