F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i vs. ninja 250R for beginners

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 11:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lemme ask yall a question: What are yall doing with your bikes?

Flat out, my 600's and my riding capabilities are wasted during the week. Neither are used to to capacity. To do so, I'd violate a bunch of laws and prolly have a driving record like some of you. Honest evaluation, there is no need for a 600cc sport bike in the city. A 1000cc super sport is pure overkill everywhere but the track.

So what's the pressing need for a 600? Y'all have to tackle the Dragon daily to get to work or something? A 250 would actually be more fun here in the city because I could wring it out more than my 600. As it is, if I don't take the highway to work I can barely reach 3rd gear.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I got to say is thank god I live 5miles from I35 south of dallas as I spend allot of time on it.
I dont ride My bike to work because I cant carry My tools on it so Most of My riding is at night and average speed is 80-90mph and yes I do twisties to as there are lots of them out where I live.
having a 250 would not suite me as I would most likely get My a** ran over By most of the drivers around here.
I well say that I ride a f4i and it is plenty for me and dont even see the need for anything bigger because it would be a waist of power.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
typical riding for the wrong reasons answer....
You sound like you are taking this all personal. Don;t, these are nothing more than opinions, and like bung holes we all have one and it dont stink

The OP will make his choice and time will tell.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:16 AM

Yea they actually do look alot better now than what the older models did. I myself started on an 06 250 ninja, yes it was slow, yes it was ugly. But I loved it, learnt alot about riding "my first motorcycle". It was really a great time.. riding with my friends, I had no trouble keeping up in the twistys but in the straights that 105 top mph kinda blows lol. I wish I still had her, but now I have the f4i.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MitchA
You sound like you are taking this all personal. Don;t, these are nothing more than opinions, and like bung holes we all have one and it dont stink

Tbh these "go big or go bored" attitudes are irresponsible and the ego of the opinion holder speaking.

Are you willing to risk another rider's life because YOUR ego can't take riding a 250? Cause pushing a new rider with no street experience into a bigger bike is just that. Especially if you don't know anything about the person.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:30 AM

Dude kuroshio your serious..

But I agree. Alot of people make fun of the 250 but its alot more power than what anyone could actually need it for. Even my friends loved riding the thing after they got past the thought of what it was.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m3ds
Who is to say what is the right or wrong reason to ride? All due respect, I didn't say I rode because "Bitches love bikes and if I get a 1000 I will get mad wimmenz" or something squid-ish like that. I just said I'm getting used to the power band of the 600 and will be ready for a 1000 soon.

I'd be bored on a 250, same as I get bored driving my Miata versus the Z. I see no difference... and I don't understand why that is riding for the wrong reasons. I ride because I love speed, which I'm sure is the reason a LOT of people on here ride as well. If not, we'd all be rocking Ninja 250's.
oh I love speed too dont get me wrong, but when I was learning to ride, esp the first year, speed was not at the top of the list, nor is it now really. I've been a hotrodder all my life, but I've learn speed is a killer, and a beginner really doesnt need to be on something that can go 0 - 100 in 1st or 2nd gear. I can sort of understand the getting use to the power, not getting bored with it, esp in the time frames you speak of. A rider would have to log a ton of miles n concentrate alot on learning, spend alot of time on a lot practicing, doing track days etc, to be able to say they learn all they 'need' to know on the streets. But its a ongoing quest, none of us know it all and all should learn sumtin new every time we ride.
Originally Posted by MitchA

The OP already did n it was in line with what I been saying

I'm not sitting here with steam coming out my ears no. I know we all have our own opinions and we all are just expressing them. This is one of my touchy subjects lol, and just cause I rant about it doeant mean I'm taking it personally, but rather trying to get ppl to think, rationally, with their brain, not their d1ck, not their ego, not with their wallet, and not thinking about what others will think of em.

Like my lil jokes, I wanna learn to fly, think I'll start with a F18. Same difference if you thing about it, or learning to drive a semi b4 u learn to drive a car.

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Tbh these "go big or go bored" attitudes are irresponsible and the ego of the opinion holder speaking.

Are you willing to risk another rider's life because YOUR ego can't take riding a 250? Cause pushing a new rider with no street experience into a bigger bike is just that. Especially if you don't know anything about the person.
Thats the thing, some of us have seen this done a million times and see or hear of hundreds of ppl each year hurt because of it.

And just because we dont see eye to eye doesnt mean we're mad n hate ya now lol, its just a debate n one I kinda take to heart n not just here.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:35 AM

AS Noted in My response I don't do a lot of speeding and I learned to ride on a KZ250 WWWAAAAYYYYYYY back when.
I did learn very well on it and it well Hurt you as fast as a bigger bike well even with out the speed.
I do believe you should learn on a smaller Bike But I also believe you should learn in the dirt not on a road.
and IF you get a first bike try something your not going to miss if you total it.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joeroberts
AS Noted in My response I don't do a lot of speeding and I learned to ride on a KZ250 WWWAAAAYYYYYYY back when.
I did learn very well on it and it well Hurt you as fast as a bigger bike well even with out the speed.
I do believe you should learn on a smaller Bike But I also believe you should learn in the dirt not on a road.
and IF you get a first bike try something your not going to miss if you total it.
you cant learn to ride on the streets by riding in the dirt. But things like balance and throttle control can be learned that way but braking is completely different.

And yes any bike can hurt you. But think how a 250, a 600, and a 1k act when you just snap it WOT,esp from a dead stop, now which do you think a n00b would have a better chance of controlling. Same thing with the brakes, a 600 n 1k can stop or rather lock the front tire up at will. A 250 no so much. I know you agreed with me, mostly, I just am pointing out some of the reasoning

I know alot of you will say you just need a lil throttle control and self restraint. I say how many beginners do we all know that actually have any of that?

Old 08-14-2010, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
This is one of my touchy subjects lol, and just cause I rant about it doeant mean I'm taking it personally, but rather trying to get ppl to think, rationally, with their brain, not their d1ck, not their ego, not with their wallet, and not thinking about what others will think of em.
These are unverifiable assumptions.

In 6 weeks my F4i feels quite a bit less powerful than when I first rode it

Time will tell.

Last edited by MitchA; 08-14-2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Applying Age Disclaimer. Under 30 and you have an argument

Quick Reply: F4i vs. ninja 250R for beginners