F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i vs. ninja 250R for beginners

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 115Degrees
I'd say get the 250 if you don't mind the hassle of selling it and buying the F4i a month later when you're bored and want to actually have some fun. My worst mistake was buying a 750 cruiser for my first bike when I really wanted something more entertaining. Bikes aren't hard to learn how to ride, I tought myself in a few days without the assistance of an MSF course putting around in circles on 250 Rebels all weekend and I passed the riding test the first time with no errors. If you're smart enough to choose between a 250 and a 600, you're smart enough not to over-do it on a 600.
You taught yourself how to go straight, left and right without falling off the bike.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
You taught yourself how to go straight, left and right without falling off the bike.

I know its been a while, but I recall the riding test to get your license was a bit more difficult than that especially since about half the people didn't even pass. But you validate my point, you don't need an over-glorified MSF course to learn how to ride a bike.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:14 PM

Get a cheap *** Ninja off craigslist that you can sell for the price you bought it. After 2 weeks of riding your going to want to upgrade. Happens to everyone including myself.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by 115Degrees
I know its been a while, but I recall the riding test to get your license was a bit more difficult than that especially since about half the people didn't even pass. But you validate my point, you don't need an over-glorified MSF course to learn how to ride a bike.
You're serious aren't you? The MSF course must be pricey where you are

Hopefully no new riders listen overly much to you. The blithe assessment of how easy it is to learn to ride will get them killed. There's shedloads more to riding than what you taught yourself and what the MSF courses teach.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whoever says they learned how to ride in a month or two is full of ****ing shyt!!!

Old 08-12-2010, 10:59 PM

I would definitely go with the F4i. Keep it under 6K and she is a baby and handles like a dream. No reason not to go with what you can grow into.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by MitchA
I would definitely go with the F4i. Keep it under 6K and she is a baby and handles like a dream. No reason not to go with what you can grow into.
yeathat works for the 1% that can actually not push it. The other 99% you just sent to the hospital or morgue...

Old 08-12-2010, 11:23 PM

PG, I'd say give up. The OP seems to have his head on straight despite the best efforts of everyone thinking with their Little Head. Just hope that we don't see too many of these "I mastered riding in 2 hours so you can too!" back relaying the details of completely avoidable wrecks.

Edit:
Keep it under 6k?!? I'm prolly one of the most cautious riders on here and I cruise at 7k... at the minimum

Old 08-12-2010, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
PG, I'd say give up. The OP seems to have his head on straight despite the best efforts of everyone thinking with their Little Head. Just hope that we don't see too many of these "I mastered riding in 2 hours so you can too!" back relaying the details of completely avoidable wrecks.

Edit:
Keep it under 6k?!? I'm prolly one of the most cautious riders on here and I cruise at 7k... at the minimum
Think I'm gonna go learn to fly n get a F18 as my first plane

I like reading their bs, I already know the majority cant ride for shyt but think they are Rossi etc lol

Old 08-13-2010, 03:40 AM

At this point, I don't think my opinion matters much, but

I'd say don't get a new 250R, get an older one, learn on it, then sell it for close to what you paid for and either get the new 250R or upgrade. I started on an F4i and I got lucky many times, I made mistakes that could have been costly. Its much easier to learn on a smaller bike

Quick Reply: F4i vs. ninja 250R for beginners