F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

f4i is killing me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 07:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f4i is killing me!!!!

guys i posted a while back about a missing f4i, well i put new coils on it and reg/rec on it, and its still runnning like crap. now with that said, this is my first bike and i dont know much so dont laugh if this is a stupid question. but i pulled the stator cover off just to see how it looked in there, and about a half a quart of oil came out. is this normal for oil to be in the stator? i am beginning to think that this is what is causing the whole problem.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's normal

Old 10-28-2011, 08:43 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Like Kuro said that is normal. When you say that is is running like crap what do you mean? Is it still missing? not idling? won't rev? rich/lean?

Old 10-28-2011, 09:07 AM

man it wont even run now. it was missing like hell, but now it wont even run. my guy just called me and told me to check the rollover kill switch, thats about the only thing left to check and replace other than the ecu.

anyone have a wiring diagram for the kill switch on a 2001 f4i? he told me to just hardwire it and bypass it. that will tell me if its the switch or not. so if anyone has done this please help me out here. i want to tear the roads up tomorrow!

Old 10-28-2011, 09:18 AM
October 2011 ROTM

First off is the fuel pump priming when you turn the key? Is there any lights on the cluster?

A wiring diagram can be found in the manual. Here is the link is you don't have one, just click on CBR600. The wiring diagram can be somewhat difficult to read but it is better than spending $60 on the paper manual.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:07 AM

thanks bro! yes, the fuel pump is priming. but according to him the kill switch could just be shutting off the ignition and not the fuel pump if it is starting to go bad and sticking. sound reasonable?

Old 10-28-2011, 10:18 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by kksdad
thanks bro! yes, the fuel pump is priming. but according to him the kill switch could just be shutting off the ignition and not the fuel pump if it is starting to go bad and sticking. sound reasonable?
No. The kill switch will shut off the pump so it is not your kill switch. You are getting fuel it sounds like but not spark. You've said you replaced the coils, did you replace the plugs and wires as well? Did you buy the bike with it missing or did it just start to do that? Also how old/new is your battery. A weak battery can cause so pretty odd issues. I don't want to rule the ECU out because it could be faulty but it is not a normal part to fail on these bike. If you want to buy a used ECU you can contact itlnF4I as he is parting his F4i out. https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-sale-...artout-131857/. if it doesn't turn out to be the ECU you can always sell it and make your money back.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can eliminate the "rollover kill switch", which I'm guessing he means the bank angle sensor, too. The BAS also wouldn't allow the pump to prime either.

What happens exactly when you it the starter button?

Old 10-28-2011, 11:40 AM

ok, yea i told him if the kill switch was faulty that the pump wouldnt prime. he said not nessisairaly, that if it was just begginging to go bad and not all the way that it could possibly kill the ignition, but not the fuel pump.....i dont know.

yes, new plugs when i put new coils on, no it wasnt missing when i bought it. it ran like a raped ape. and i changed the oil and drove it for 3 hrs and it ran great, then started missing and its just been downhill ever since.....i have been through 2 batteries thinking i had bad ones, i doubt that i bought 3 bad batteries though man.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:50 AM

oh, and it doesnt have wires, just coils. they wiring harness plugs right into the coils.

Quick Reply: f4i is killing me!!!!