F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i cosmetic/performance bike makeover (a diary)...(PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cosmetic bike makeover (a diary)...(PICS c'min)

ffingers.. i saw a thread somewhere about a kid who put R6 projectors in his f4i. i checked it out and it looked pretty sweet. i think those are HID lights actually. at least one side is anyways. couldn't be too hard to convert the high beam over. i'm pretty interested in this mod so i'll see what i can find too.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:32 AM
Default RE: F4i cosmetic/performance bike makeover (a diary)...(PICS)

hey ffingers, im interested to see how you got your engine covers done. did you manage to get just the outside powdercoated, or are the entire things covered? im just wondering if it will affect the gasket or the oil or anything....

________
LAMBORGHINI LM004 SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Registered Users

alright...my buddy still has the pictures but i got everything put on. i will get pictures posted as soon as i can. everything turned out awesome....i mean it looks so different, but you can't quite put your finger on what it is.

now just a note to everyone who powdercoats....have you ever watched something like american chopper?? where they bitch about the chroming or powder...yeah....now i know why....because a lot of the pieces have very small tolerances, it was a BITCH to put some things back together, specifically the rearsets and their associated levers....it took a lot of sanding and some wd-40 to get things to work, but it eventually worked out. the covers went on without a hitch and everything was great. i found a NICE how-to another 600rr.net that i will post a link to just because i didn't take the time to document it, but it's exactly what needs to be done.

finally, the bootleg pipe...IN...CRED.....IBLE!!! first, wait til you see the black pipe...it looks sick, second, it sounds even better than it looks....

i also started my bodylighting install, but because i got sick, didn't get that far....but that will be coming soon....

i also have an APE cct to install and might be getting my frame sliders shortly so stay tuned.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Registered Users

here is the how-to for removing the clutch and stator cover...

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...ternator+cover

only difference really is there isn't a dowel pin and washer as depicted....but it is pretty much the same....

Old 10-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Registered Users

alright i feel horrible it has taken this long but my buddy has ALL the pics from the install....but here is one from his camera phone at least showing the exhaust....he is uploading the rest of the pics tonight so i will post them in a few days....so basically in this pic you can see the black engine cover, the black rearsets, and black pegs, with the bootleg exhaust and the black midpipe...like i said..sorry it's a crappy pic, but at least you can get an idea...

Name:  image-upload-32-789505.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  57.8 KB

i did also start the LED install....i will have more on that later...and i just got my frame sliders in and will be tackling that project in the coming weeks as well...

Old 10-08-2007, 03:47 PM

I thought you had the high mount? But anyway I love everything blacked out. PM with how much you paid to have that done and how well the shop that did your did. I might want to give them a call since they will know what to do and have them do it. Thanks looks great though

Old 10-08-2007, 09:09 PM

bike is lookin' good ffingers. I was looking at the first pics you posted. do you work on your bike in a multi-story parking garage?

If you're still interested in putting HIDs in your bike i'll let you know how it goes over with mine. Soon as my check clears from the campus i'm ordering a set.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:30 PM

Great write ups and a bad *** bike!

Old 10-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Registered Users

Ace, not really...i live in a condo and we have an underground heated garage....i used to have a house with a 2-car attached garage...man do i miss it now....luckily....the parking spaces are REALLY wide and there are large cement support beams between every few spaces so i can pull my bike in between the two columns being virtually protected....the neighboring spot is pretty cool and has never complained about me having things apart...i just try and not let things pile up by their spot....that being said, i don't like leaving it on a stand down there...no problems yet, but i live in a college area in downtown chicago and the last thing i want is some drunk *** college kid wandering into our garage and messin with it on the stand....so i try not to leave it up for too long....

Old 10-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Registered Users
Default RE: F4i cosmetic/performance bike makeover (a diary)...(PICS) (updated pics - NOT DIALUP FRIENDLY)

alright here is a bunch of pics from the disassembly and reassembly...i am sort of pissed, my buddy forgot to take NICE after pictures so i will have to get some....so for now...here is some of the work....

here's are the parts back from powder and assembled...they came in pieces so this is after a LOT of work sanding and fitting things back together as well as putting the exhaust together
Name:  DSC_0008.jpg
Size:  64.5 KB

here's a closer shot of the exhaust and the engine cover (everything looks dirty from fingerprints, only downside to glossy powder..haha)
Name:  DSC_0010.jpg
Size:  58.2 KB

closeup of the exhaust (Bootleg Shorty Carbon Fiber - ceramic coated black)
Name:  DSC_0011.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  59.8 KB

exhaust trial fitting
Name:  DSC_0012.jpg
Size:  85.4 KB

stator cover off
Name:  DSC_0014.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  85.1 KB

another of the stator side
Name:  DSC_0015.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  85.8 KB

Quick Reply: F4i cosmetic/performance bike makeover (a diary)...(PICS)