F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Extended Frame Sliders

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Frame Sliders

Has anyone use EXTENDED frame sliders before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXTEN...mZ120207369724

It would be nice to have anextra inch on them to help protect everything. Would this cause any negative effects? The guy said thet are 120mm in length which is pretty long.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Default RE: Extended Frame Sliders

I have the extended length on my bike. I saw those vortex ones and they look way to short to do any good for any amount of time.

No negatives yet but maybe since they are so long they could get stuck in the ground or something causing the bike to flip (i have never seen or heard of that happening but who knows)

Old 01-08-2008, 11:09 PM

those are utter crap and not even just because of the length but because they have no base, its just a solid piece of delrin. I would NEVER use a set of frame sliders that does not come with a solid metal base and replaceable pucks. Also, long sliders in general are a bad idea, they will be more prone to catching on something while the bike is sliding, snapping the bolt, or breaking the puck off, etc... Sliders aren't intended to protect your fairings/case covers, they usually do both pretty well but its a bonus. They are designed to protect the bike as a whole, fairings are dirt cheap compared to engines, frames, etc.

Vortex sliders are a hell of a lot beefier and are actually designed to protect your motorcycle in a crash, those are just designed to look like frame sliders.
I think I'm up to 8 crashes (hard ones mostly) on Vortex sliders on two different bikes and have not had a single complaint, best sliders on the market imo

Old 01-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for fairings you get some which plug in to the bolts on the fairing... there was a link somewhere. but that would be in addition to replaceable puck standard length sliders as woody recommended!

Old 01-11-2008, 06:48 PM

I had freestyle ingenuity extended frame sliders and it bent the engine bolts any time it went down. Surprisingly didn't bust the mount. You definately want something with a metal base and delrin tip. I have a full cage on my stunt bike due to the different mounting points distributing pressure when it goes down but I still replace bolts every once in awhile. I run race rails on my streetbike just because they look like they are sturdier than frame sliders. It depends on what you want. I think the race rails look trick and Powers and Racing 905 carry them for just a lil more than a good set of sliders.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:38 PM

I bought these aircraft aluminum 5" sliders with screw on delrin tips for my 954 last year. They look descent on the bike and they are pretty damn solid. Will definately put some like these on the F4i later on......=-)

Name:  both.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  75.8 KB

Old 01-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ReSpEcT

I bought these aircraft aluminum 5" sliders with screw on delrin tips for my 954 last year. They look descent on the bike and they are pretty damn solid. Will definately put some like these on the F4i later on......=-)

Are those sliders of foot rest??? lol j/k But I think that is a bit extreme for the length.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Retired Moderator

Woody said it best, and he is man that knows. I don't know from experience, but from what I have heard, extended sliders can cause more damage in the perfect situation. Plus infinity on what they are intended to do. They are called "frame sliders" for a reason, but no doubt can save your plasticduring an accidentaldrop. Vortex is tried and true, and if I put sliders on, they are my only choice. Keep us posted...

Old 01-11-2008, 09:09 PM

i wish powers made just mushroom sliders like the one's on the race rails. i think those would be awesome because they are flat and not sticking out like a peg.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:40 PM

I just have them because they look pretty on the bike. In the event of a crash the frame sliders will most likely make the bike flip end over end. But if its an accidental drop, they will save the plastic....I dont think they were really intended to save much from descent crashes. Just there to protect the plastics from the stupid drops, LMAO...

PS: I ripped all the plastics off my 954 for the winter. Time to change her up.......=-)

THE ONLY GOOD PROTECTION IS CALLED "TRAINING WHEELS"