F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

eBay LED taillight (stock replacement)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eBay LED taillight (stock replacement)

I am looking to get one of these and was wondering if anyone has had one and if they are nice and bright. Is the quality decent? Also...how easy is it to install. I have never removed my taillight, is it just the two nuts on the top inside the rear compartment? Is it that simple.

Also, I am looking to get the smoked lens version...so if anyone has pics of one of them installed on a bike I would really appreciate it.

Pics:

Old 06-24-2009, 07:56 PM

Here's a few pics of it installed.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/just-finished-installing-92018/

Nicely visible, and looks pretty sharp if I may say so myself.
Its clearly visible during the day and even better at night. The installation was fairly easy, but then again I was simply removing the old integrated light and replacing it with a duplicate new one. The previous light lasted bout 7-8ish years, and even then the light dident really stop working, just one LED at the very bottom kept blinking on and off and it kinda bugged me so I got a new one.
Don't know how much you are paying for yours but I got mine at D2moto.com for about 40-45 bones shipped.
Good product.

Last edited by Joey_f4i; 06-24-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:32 PM

i just installed mine a few days ago, d2moto clear lens, worked like a charm...a coworker (who's also into bikes and cars) was behind me in the parking lot the other day and mentioned to me that it's bright even in daylight, and easy to distinguish turn signal from braking.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:34 AM

i been considering getting Joey's setup. D2moto light with the pimpbikes undertail. Nice stock look.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:15 AM
July 2008 ROTM

I have this Clear Alternatives integrated light and am very happy with it. (Fairly sure you can find it at a cheaper price than that one, also.)

Old 06-25-2009, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Aken
I have this Clear Alternatives integrated light and am very happy with it. (Fairly sure you can find it at a cheaper price than that one, also.)
I like those too..but isnt the shape of the light very square? The pics online are crap. Do you have a pic of it on the bike and turned on...I dont want a square/rectangle taillight...looks aged.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Joey_f4i
Here's a few pics of it installed.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92018

Nicely visible, and looks pretty sharp if I may say so myself.
Its clearly visible during the day and even better at night. The installation was fairly easy, but then again I was simply removing the old integrated light and replacing it with a duplicate new one. The previous light lasted bout 7-8ish years, and even then the light dident really stop working, just one LED at the very bottom kept blinking on and off and it kinda bugged me so I got a new one.
Don't know how much you are paying for yours but I got mine at D2moto.com for about 40-45 bones shipped.
Good product.
Is it just the two nuts at the top and the light pops out? also how difficult is the turn signal wiring?

Old 06-25-2009, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Aken
Meh.. the clear alternatives light seems a little bland to me, kinda out-dated look, just IMHO.

As for the signal wiring,
Not difficult at all, you are pretty much screwing on both bolts that you see on the pics you posted and then simply connect the yellow connector and the two wires (yellow & blue) and your done.

As for the actual connections here is a neat diagram of how the connections should be set up.

The colors for the integrated tail light are:

R = Red
Y = Yellow
B = Black

The colors for the stock tail light are:

GY = Green and Yellow
B = Black
G = Green

Connect them as follows:

R to GY
Y to B
B to G

For the blinkers connect the Yellow to the stock Blue connector and the Black to the Orange connector.

If you want pics to go with this diagram check out the link and read the very last post:
https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...t=91839&page=2

That pretty much sums the whole connection precess.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by Joey_f4i; 06-25-2009 at 11:49 AM.