F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Does the fuel pump causes this????

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 12:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the fuel pump causes this????

Im was riding for like an hr, parked the bike, half an hr later no start i had to tow it back home.. after inspecting the bike i noticed the fuel pump wasent turning over... i check the volts its still getting power i even tried to hot wire the fuel pump to make sure it died and yeah its done.. but my question is all my light on the cluster are on, high light turning signals everything but only my tail lights are on and wen i tried push starting it the mph were not moving even though we pushed it down hill .... i just want to make sure i dont need to order something else... any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks

Old 07-06-2011, 10:55 AM

if none of the front lights are on then you might have blown a fuse and the fuel pump won't turn over.

but you probably checked that.

how many miles are on it?

Old 07-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

If hes getting power to the pump then he didn't blow a fuse....
OP, your kinda hard to understand. When you turn the key to run what do the gauges do? Does the bike crank or is the battery dead which is why you were pushing it?

Old 07-06-2011, 02:39 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Sounds like it might be your harness. Down by the left intake is a grey 16P harness. Make sure that is A) connected very tight, even the slightest disconnect will make the pump not prime. I had to zip tie mine together. B) the wires are free of corrosion, especially the green wire as it is known to get corrosion on it and stop the pump from priming. Put a little dielectric grease on the harness if you have it.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by tyfrist
if none of the front lights are on then you might have blown a fuse and the fuel pump won't turn over.

but you probably checked that.

how many miles are on it?
yeah those were the first things i checked but theyre all good.... its got 18 thousand miles

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
If hes getting power to the pump then he didn't blow a fuse....
OP, your kinda hard to understand. When you turn the key to run what do the gauges do? Does the bike crank or is the battery dead which is why you were pushing it?
yeah i even tried connecting 2 sliced wires straight from the battery to the pump and nothing.. wen i turn the key the RPMs go up and down(normal) the MPH go up and down(normal) but all my lights on top(turning signals, high lights) turn and stay on except the f1 light ... the engines turn it crancks but theres not spark just like if it had no fuel..

Originally Posted by R Dub
Sounds like it might be your harness. Down by the left intake is a grey 16P harness. Make sure that is A) connected very tight, even the slightest disconnect will make the pump not prime. I had to zip tie mine together. B) the wires are free of corrosion, especially the green wire as it is known to get corrosion on it and stop the pump from priming. Put a little dielectric grease on the harness if you have it.
Thank ill check that as soon as i get home.. but if thats the problem would i still get 10 volts to the fuel pump??

Old 07-09-2011, 04:11 PM

can anyone help me and give me the link to download the diy manual or pic of a fuel pump

Old 07-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Egypt Junior Member