F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Ddm kits are still being made

Old 02-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
Although not against the law it is a bad business practice to do this. Some CC companies, such as Visa and Mastercard, have policies that do not permit a merchant to charge a customer for something before shipment.
Hmmm, pretty much everything I order is charged to my CC before shipping. Do you live in Nigeria by chance?

Sometimes Companies/Mfg's will "pool" orders prior to Shipping/Mfg to control inventory costs. This is nothing new, nor is it frowned upon, nor is it illegal.

If it gets me what I want in the expected time frame who cares? Capitalism works.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MitchA
Hmmm, pretty much everything I order is charged to my CC before shipping. Do you live in Nigeria by chance?

Sometimes Companies/Mfg's will "pool" orders prior to Shipping/Mfg to control inventory costs. This is nothing new, nor is it frowned upon, nor is it illegal.

If it gets me what I want in the expected time frame who cares? Capitalism works.
Not sure where you are buying things from, but almost everything I buy is not charged until it is shipped.

I am in the accounting/finance field, and am not sure what you are referring to "pooled orders". The A/R (accounts receivable) for the orders would control inventory if they debited accounts upon shipment....

Old 02-24-2011, 03:06 PM

Yeah most things don't get charged until they ship.

I just ordered my computer parts and they were only charged after shipment. Bad business practice to charge you for non delivered goods.

regardless I think DDM makes a solid product, even if their business practices are not A+.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Survivalism
I can confirm that they charge you when you order as well, ive got a pending charge of $55 on my card.
Check with your CC company and see if they have a policy regarding when a merchant can charge you. They don't know it is happening if you don't report it.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MitchA

As I already stated, it is not against the law but it IS a bad business practice. Some CC companies have policies that forbid it.

You can continue to accept this as a normal business practice with whatever shady companies you buy from or you can speak up and alert your CC company that it is happening. It's your money.

Last edited by RoadiJeff; 02-24-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:32 PM

Says kits will start shipping? March 1. Hoping it is for orders made last week. Lol didn't notice the out of stock when I ordered.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tryin to decide which to get when the website says availible, 35w 8ks or 55w 10ks

Old 02-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

10K is awfully blue...

gint: Where did you see when they were shipping out?

Old 02-27-2011, 08:41 PM

3-1, so tuesday

Old 02-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbulenz
10K is awfully blue...

gint: Where did you see when they were shipping out?
55w will wash out the color some.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ddm kits are still being made