F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Ddm kits are still being made

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it better for me to order the kit from ddm now and be put in the waiting list, or wait until it calms down but running the risk that they stop selling it again like last time?

Old 02-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thats your choice.. personally I dont like to pay for something if it isnt ready to ship... it could be a month that your CC could be charged for while you wait... unless they guarantee that they wont charge until it ships.. as in not touch the CC account at all.

but.. your call

Old 02-24-2011, 11:08 AM

I'd probably wait. I had to be put on waiting lists for anything. But that's just me.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
He did start out by asking not to get mad at him
the forum search function doesn't recognize less than 4 characters. So "DDM", "HID" and "kit" will all drop out of the search parameters. Any suggestions on how to make this specific case more visible willl be appreciated.
I wasn't getting mad directly at him, Its just that there were 3 exact same posts in the same day about the same thing.

I apoligize if it came off rude.

You can search "headlights" or "ballast" and HID things will come up or in this case you can look at the 1st page and 3 DDM threads are there.

And I have the 8000k kit in my bike and truck and I like it the best,
Alot of light with a nice blue tinge to it and it makes street signs glow from a good mile away

Name:  aq.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  80.9 KB

Name:  aqq.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  48.0 KB

Old 02-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Official Welcome Crew

Just info in case anyone wanted to know..

After 20 minutes of holding (holy crap!) I spoke to a person there that was helpful. I was told that they were not available yesterday.. they should be in around 2 1/2 weeks. don't shoot the messenger... just saying what I was told... I forgot to ask about preordering and credit card charging!

Oh well.. called back.. 15 min on hold later (!!!) I was told that they charge you when you place the order, not when it ships.

I'll hold off for a few weeks...

Old 02-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbulenz
Oh well.. called back.. 15 min on hold later (!!!) I was told that they charge you when you place the order, not when it ships.
Although not against the law it is a bad business practice to do this. Some CC companies, such as Visa and Mastercard, have policies that do not permit a merchant to charge a customer for something before shipment.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:17 PM

I can confirm that they charge you when you order as well, ive got a pending charge of $55 on my card.

Sucks its going to be 2 1/2 weeks out but oh well.. at least i know ill get a kit.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
Although not against the law it is a bad business practice to do this. Some CC companies, such as Visa and Mastercard, have policies that do not permit a merchant to charge a customer for something before shipment.

Judging by their customer service I am not surprised they do this...

Old 02-24-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Turbulenz
so then I should be able to take 20 off the purchase and donate it to CBRForum... to me service is just as valuable as the part.. thats why I will sometimes pay more to support a good business.
Yes I see your point, you missed mine. Some items require "more" support than others. These DDM kits require very little.

Go ahead and take $20 off, you won't get the parts, but hey, you can pat yourself on the back for being so self righteous... Sheeesh...

Old 02-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Official Welcome Crew

Originally Posted by MitchA
Yes I see your point, you missed mine. Some items require "more" support than others. These DDM kits require very little.

Go ahead and take $20 off, you won't get the parts, but hey, you can pat yourself on the back for being so self righteous... Sheeesh...
Hey.. do me a favor.. talk about missing a point.. being self righteous was not my intent.. it was to justify my words, that's all. I don't have any concerns about installing these.. I have more than enough experience to make install a snap. I'm talking about customer service... like.. "what if" I have an issue with a defective item.... the best Internet forum in the world won't do squat to help out.. but if I have difficulty reaching a company through whatever means I try.. that does mean something. If I had not read all of the positive feedback about the kit I would not be even considering it.

just sayin... I'm not looking to make this post into a personal discussion.. feel free to PM me off the board if you want to...

Last edited by Turbulenz; 02-24-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Ddm kits are still being made