F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Clutch Lever need help?

Old 05-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Default Clutch Lever need help?

My clutch lever is not working right I dont know what it can be but it gets stuck halfway and i have to push it out with my hand. Its not about adjusting I think its the screw holding the clutch.

Any Ideas?

Old 05-11-2009, 09:23 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Loosen the screw.

Lube the pivot hole.

Lube the clutch cable.

Check for kinks anywhere on the clutch cable. Make sure it's operating appropriately near the clutch itself.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:44 PM

what should I lube the pivot hole with?

Old 05-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Exclamation

You can lube it with just about anything; ATF fluid, WD-40, chain lube, motor oil, ect. The main thing is that whatever you decide to use, has to be viscous enough to travel from one end of the tube to the other. One method I've heard of is to take a sandwich bag, cut the corner off, slip the pilot hole through the opening, wrap a rubber band around it and fill it with your lubricant of choice. Work the cable back & forth until it reaches the bottom end. Your other choice is to buy some cable lube, and utilize the tool below to inject it into the cable.

Source:http://www.dansmc.com/cables.htm

Old 05-12-2009, 04:44 PM

Im going to try this but only where the clutch is i am not taking it off from the bottom.
maybe its going to be this how much will a mechanic charge me for doing this?