F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

chain sprocket swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chain sprocket swap

So its getting warmer and warmer here in the rocky mountains and I figured it was about time to put a new chain and sprockets on my 02 F4i. I ordered an RK 520 kit from solomotoparts.com along with a chain breaker and press (motion pro). would have liked to have stayed with the 525 but the prices were alot higher so I decided to save a little money. anyway the guys at solomotoparts were super easy to work with to get my stuff shipped correctly (its usually a pain in the butt to get things shipped to the vail valley) and my parts and tools showed up in about three days. everything was correct on the order and the prices were really good, I would recommend them to anyone. solomoto has a pretty decent selection of quality parts and their customer service was great. as for the chain/sprocket kit the install of the parts took literally 20 min, everything went together really well and the tools actually worked better than I expected. I used the motion pro mini chain press and the motion pro chain breaker. I see alot of posts on here about chain and sprockets and I thought somone might be able to use the info about some products and people that I personally had a really good experience with. let me know if you would like any additional info.