F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

THE CCTL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you much..now ima ride the bike kinda worried so i left it parked until i got some kind of answer lol

Old 06-10-2011, 09:15 PM

Question for the people who installed the cctl, if you had to do it all over again, Would you just have the dealer do it for $130?

It doesn't seem too hard but I'm afraid of dropping something and I need to buy the tools which I don't know how much it'll run me. Also it'll probably take me at least 3+ hrs since I don't wanna mess anything up. Did any of you guys just paid the dealer to do it?

Old 06-11-2011, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by deegaw11
Question for the people who installed the cctl, if you had to do it all over again, Would you just have the dealer do it for $130?

It doesn't seem too hard but I'm afraid of dropping something and I need to buy the tools lwhich I don't know how much it'll run me. Also it'll probably take me at least 3+ hrs since I don't wanna mess anything up. Did any of you guys just paid the dealer to do it?
All depends on how mechanically inclined you are.

I wouldn't think twice about doing it again myself. I thought it was extremely easy.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:09 PM

i was considering a local shop but they were gonna charge me 3hours of labor it was like 230 somethin..and i had my own part..i thought it was ridiculous so i did it myself..i must say patient is key..i stress that take your time..i failed the first time and gave up, but came back to it and got it..calm and relaxed good luck bro

Old 06-11-2011, 08:48 PM

how did you fail the first time?? Which part was most difficult? I'm somewhat mechainically inclined but I don't have steady hands so I'm afraid of dropping something. Any pointers that will make the job easier?

Old 06-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Save your $130 and go at it.
If you're most afraid of dropping something, get a telescoping magnetic pickup tool from any parts store for $2.
It's a "must have" for any tool set anyways.

Whatever you drop isn't going to fall that far. It's a bike not a water well.

Last edited by Sick97SS; 06-12-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sick97SS

Whatever you drop isn't going to fall that far. It's a bike not a water well.
Yep, even if you do drop it, you can always get it back. Its not lost forever. Lol

Old 06-12-2011, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by deegaw11
how did you fail the first time?? Which part was most difficult? I'm somewhat mechainically inclined but I don't have steady hands so I'm afraid of dropping something. Any pointers that will make the job easier?
lol it was hot muggy and misquitos were flying everywhere..i didn't drain the tank so it was heavy and i left it on just moved to the side alittle trying to get at the 2 bolts that hold the cct in..and i couldn't do it just the whole sitiuation i was angry i could get the bolts out and then the tank slippled alttle and kinda cracked my tail faring so i was even more angry...let the bike sit for about 2-3 weeks cursing at it everytime i looked at it..but i came back to it and got it.. keep in mind i am full time auto mechanic...so working on anything when i get home is not the first thing on my mind

Old 06-12-2011, 07:47 PM

My bike finally has a new oem cctl in! My bro did the whole install for me, I just couldn't do it with my hands. Even he had a hard time doing it and he's like 130lbs lol. Nomore rattle but I have a vibration around 5k. Doesn't sound like it's coming from the engine, the bike had the same vibration before the cctl started to rattle.

Does anyone know what the vibration might be? Sounds like plastic but I'm not sure. Even with the new cctl in, I'm still paranoid when im in the 4k-6k rpm.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:21 PM

Im looking into replacing my CCT soon also, but I'm not sure if that's that problem. When I accelerate it almost sounds like a go kart or lawnmower. If it wasnt for my exhaust my bike would sound like total crap. Any insight on that guys?

Quick Reply: THE CCTL Thread