F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Caught in a Blizzard!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caught in a Blizzard!!

Well I usually ride rain or shine. My Daily driver had broken down, My rx-7's motor is out getting the turbo treatment, and my wife was at school after a 12hour nursing shift. I was stranded and I had a pretty important meeting to be at in about 1 hr (work is a good 45 minutes away). It was raining and cold. I hopped on my bike (2005 F4i Silver/Grafite) and drove to my Dad's house (20 minute ride). Left the bike there and "borrowed" his Autocross prepped Miata. After work (4pm) I headed back to my dad's house to return the car. It was still raining and still very cold. I got on the bike and headed home (20 minute ride) about 5 minutes into the ride the *** end fell out of the sky and it was whiter then a black shirt on a guy with dandruff. It was as the rednecks say a "white out". The snow was so thick and sticky that I couldn't go over 30mph without the back sliding around.. I had to repeatedly wipe off the facemask of my helmet. About this time it also got dark.

Anyways over an hour later i arrived home, Wet, Cold, and covered in snow. hands frozen.. but regardless I got there safe and sound. It really upped my confidence in my ability to ride in any weather. I even stopped to help somone who had run their car off the road and into a ditch. (you should have seen the look on thier face when they saw a sport bike make it up that hill in all that snow) Anyways i would not recommend it, but it was a very good experience....

Trevor in TN

Old 01-19-2006, 11:17 PM
Default RE: Caught in a Blizzard!!

[sm=groupwave.gif] I can only IMAGINE the look on the peeps face when you pulled up to help them! LOL! Glad that your trip was as uneventful as it was...

Old 01-19-2006, 11:18 PM

lol... that's awesome glad you made it home without any accidents. and you actually stopped to help someone who run their car off the road?? that's even better!! would love to see your bike after riding in that weather!

Old 01-19-2006, 11:26 PM

Yeah the guy in the car was in the ditch, I slowed down and put the kickstand down walked over and asked if he was ok. He was like " yeah I'll be alright".. then just kinda looked at me all doe eyed.. I gave him my cell phone and he called his dad- he was younger 16-17... I told him good luck, got back on the seat which was no longer warm (body heat) and also was now covered in snow, and rode the rest of the 5 miles home... My wife was pissed..lol.. I called her from my dad's and told her it would be about 20-30 minutes.. When the snow started she freaked out and tried to call but I was already on the road and I had like 20 missed calls...lol..