F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Brake light not working

Old 03-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Default Brake light not working

I noticed today on the way to work that brake light doesnt light up when i use the front brake. It works fine when i use the back brake and everything else on the bike works fine. I did install crg shorty levers but i dont remember if i ever tested the light after install. When i grab the lever and can hearing the clicking of the switch. What could be making this happen? im 100% sure it worked with the stock lever so im thing it has something to do with that maybe? Thanks

Old 03-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MuscleswitCBR View Post
I noticed today on the way to work that brake light doesnt light up when i use the front brake. It works fine when i use the back brake and everything else on the bike works fine. I did install crg shorty levers but i dont remember if i ever tested the light after install. When i grab the lever and can hearing the clicking of the switch. What could be making this happen? im 100% sure it worked with the stock lever so im thing it has something to do with that maybe? Thanks
Have you checked the wiring? Maybe something popped out of place....

Old 03-15-2011, 08:37 PM

Had the same problem with my bike. I needed to replace the microswitch. Take the microswitch out from the brake and gently apply pressure to it to see if you can get the brake to light up. Mine would light up only if I applied very little pressure. New one ran me $13 at my local bike shop, I'm sure you can find a lot cheaper online if you have the same problem as me.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by schnezy View Post
Had the same problem with my bike. I needed to replace the microswitch. Take the microswitch out from the brake and gently apply pressure to it to see if you can get the brake to light up. Mine would light up only if I applied very little pressure. New one ran me $13 at my local bike shop, I'm sure you can find a lot cheaper online if you have the same problem as me.

+1 on the microswitch

Old 03-15-2011, 09:13 PM

When I got home I starting looking at it and saw that one of the wires somehow slipped off the clip so I popped it back on and good as new. Hopefully it wont keep falling off. Thanks for the help tho good to know that a microswitch is that cheap I thought for sure that be like another $100 part or something lol.