CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   boots drag (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/boots-drag-21134/)

Blackdog F4i 08-21-2006 10:44 PM

RE: boots drag

+1 on the two piece for the street. It's so much nicer to be able to strip off the jacket when you get somewhere.

You do not have to get the same pants as jacket. You can get whatever pants you want and have the zipper sewn into your jacket. Almost all pants come with the matching jacket zipper half.

ninetyfivehp 08-21-2006 10:46 PM

thats the deal, my helmet is arai, gloves are joe rocket, and my jacket is a vanson. it can't be attached to pants. i'd have go the full suit route. any ideas on affordable quality brands?

yipperzz 08-21-2006 10:58 PM

newenough has a teknic 1pc. for cheap. check ebay or boards for some good deals. i sold my 1pc for 250 a few days ago.

Blackdog F4i 08-21-2006 11:00 PM

Your Vanson jacket CAN be attached to pants.

Lets say for kicks that you decide to get a set of Joe Rocket pants. When the pants arrive, you take the pants with the extra zipper half that it comes with and you jacket to the local tailor. Tell him you want him to sew the zipper half in the jacket. Try on the jacket and pants so he can mark where the zipper needs to go and you are set. It really shouldn't cost much either.

As far as suits go, I like Teknic. The lower price suits are a great value, and the upper end is great. I love my Teknic Speedstar one piece. Newenough has Teknic suits on closeout.

ninetyfivehp 08-22-2006 12:15 AM

thanks for suggestions guys. maybe a teknic 1 piece would be the way to go. i hope to do some track days next year.;)

ninetyfivehp 08-22-2006 12:16 AM

thanks for suggestions guys. maybe a teknic 1 piece would be the way to go. i hope to do some track days next year.;)

liquid_iq 08-22-2006 12:53 AM

they also make some rearset relocator plates for much cheaper than new rearsets. here's a recent ebay auction for a used set i got (they're typically about $85 new - where, i don't know):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

DThompson 08-22-2006 02:12 AM

ORIGINAL: ninetyfivehp

tahoe, the more you get off the bike then less you have to lean correct. i don't have full leathers right now, just a jacket, gloves, and helmet. i don't wanna get my kneecap torn up so i keep my inside leg aginst the plastic in the twisties. how much ar a descent set of full leathers? i'd feel a hell of a lot safer at extreme lean angles if i had suit. thanks
I use a pair of under armor. Just a pair of tight elastic pants with hard pads all over them. I ride with them under my jeans. Although i never put my knee out when i ride corners hard. it does make me feel safer to know that I have some protection if not leather.

I am planning on getting a whole leather 2 piece suit and new helmet - jacket - gloves - and boots when I get my new RVT. I cant wait.

Spike 08-22-2006 07:40 AM

I'm doing my first trackday this upcoming weekend and I was curious... I have noticed that when riding hard on the street, I can actually carry more corner speed when I don't hang off the bike. I'm guessing it's just because I'm not used to that body positioning so I'm more comfortable just leaning into the corner. My question is... Is it a bad idea to get off the seat and lead with your upper body, and NOT extend your knee out? Or should you always extend your knee out when leaned over like that? I don't have pucks but I'm not worried about putting a knee down my first trackday, as out on the street my knee doesn't get anywhere near the ground anyways.

Blackdog F4i 08-22-2006 10:31 AM

It is fine to hang off but keep your knee against the body. The reason for getting your knee down is twofold. First it allows you to gauge how far over you are leaning, so you know how much you have left. Second if the front starts to tuck sometimes you can save it by pushing your knee hard into the deck to take some weight off and pick the bike up.

Before I got my pants I used to hang off and keep my knee tucked.

As far as carrying more speed, it's probably a confidence issue. The whole purpose of hangning off is to reduce lean angle. Reducing lean angle for a given speed means you can now go through at a higher speed because you have more lean left over. I like to practice in large parking lots. I can run figure eights and go faster and faster until my knee is down and I am dragging pegs.